PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Troubles - Please Help

ImagiAsh
01-19-2013, 04:05 PM
A friend of mine (who was on vacation with us a few weeks ago) was asking for advice on what to do with a Disney ticketing situation she currently has, but I do not know what advice to offer her as I have never been in a similar circumstance.

My friend and her husband purchased 10-day park hopper tickets, which they began using on the 2nd of January. Due to an emergency situation back at home they were forced to leave the parks with 6 days remaining untouched on their park tickets. Earlier this week (now that things have settled back at home), she tried calling Disney to see if they could somehow make the tickets non-expiring, whether it was a courtesy on Disney's part or she forked up the extra $300+ for each ticket. The woman on the phone told her that this type of transaction had to be done within a 14-day window and in person. Well, she was within the 14-day window still, but she was back home (not in Florida). The woman gave her a guest relations e-mail address to contact and explain the situation, saying that she would most likely have to pay the money to make them non-expiring. She e-mailed them immediately, but has not heard back and now it is outside of the 14-day window.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? My only advice was to call them again, but apparently the second person directed her to the same e-mail address. Would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

Ashley

faline
01-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Sorry but I can't offer any advice but to explain to Disney what happed and ask if they would be willing to allow the tickets to be changed to non-expiring tickets. Keep in mind, there is some question as to whether or not Disney is even offering a non-expiration option any more.

roses
01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Did she purchase the insurance? If so, it may be refundable - if not, she may be out of luck. I'd just continue to contact Disney and explain the situation.

DizneyRox
01-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Emails to the guest relations email usually take a while to be answered. Often you'll get a immediate/automated, "We got it" email and then it filters through the system forwarded around before an answer is ultimately returned.

1DisneyNut
01-19-2013, 08:31 PM
As DizneyRox stated, it usually takes a little while for them to email you back. My experience has been anywhere from 2 to 4 days but they have always emailed back.

It is hard to say what they will do but considering they apparently checked out early and left, it should be obvious they had some sort of emergency. I would guess that they would be willing to at least allow them to upgrade them to non-expiring because who really calls after a trip and says "hey can I give you another $300." Disney has always been very accommodating when I had a problem out of my control arise, as they should be considering how much a WDW vacation costs.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I once called wanting to upgrade an 8 day pass to an AP over the phone and they gave me a confirmation number I took to Guest Relations on my next trip which authorized the upgrade to the AP, but I had to pay the difference. I was taken care of over the phone, but I can't remember what number I called to do it, but I talked to 2 different people so I am sure I was transferred around.

BigRedDad
01-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Insurance if they had it would have been the first choice. Second, the email to guest relations would suffice if it was still in the 14-day window even though they have not responded. Did they check out of the resort? If so, that would help their case as well.

ImagiAsh
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Insurance if they had it would have been the first choice. Second, the email to guest relations would suffice if it was still in the 14-day window even though they have not responded. Did they check out of the resort? If so, that would help their case as well.

Unfortunately, no insurance was purchased (as far as she told me). They did check out of the resort on the 6th, but that was actually as planned. They were going to be spending the remainder of their trip with friends off-property. I don't know if Disney will use that against them or not. We'll see.

Update: Yes, she received the automated email last week, but still no official response at the 5th day mark now.