PDA

View Full Version : New DVC resort?

Butters
01-19-2013, 08:10 AM
I know they are building the Granf Floridian Villas, and there are rumors about a poly expansion. My question is there any rumors of another off property resort in the works?

We are new owners and just got back from SSR in Dec and planning another WDW trip in Sept. but we are looking at more options outside the parks and the three non park resorts look fantastic. And hope they continue to expand those selections

VWL Mom
01-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm not aware of any off-site rumors in the works. The next rumored DVC project that I know of is the Ft. Wilderness/Buffalo Junction one. IMO, this is more substantial than the Poly because of all the permits and drawings that were submitted last spring. Still no peep from the mouse though.

DVC2004
01-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Haven't heard any lately. I think they are sticking to on property development because it is far cheaper and more profitable for them to do so.

A few years back they were surveying people about a mountain ski resort, a place in Cabo, etc. That was the end of that.

It's too bad, I'm almost 10 years into my membership and my kids are now teens. We really would like to use it other places but don't care for the RCI offerings for the most part. We used it last year at Aulani which we all loved, and will be using it again there this summer. We have been to Vero a couple times which was fun, and never have been able to get into HHI.

DizneyFreak2002
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Forget Fort Wilderness... As of now, it is not happening... I would think Poly would be up next after GF... That is speculation though...

tomatoe pie
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
if poly, where do you think it would be? :D

tikiman
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
It will be two phases starting with the area where the Spirit of Aloha show is now. Some other existing buildings will be removed for the second phase.

DizneyFreak2002
03-06-2013, 03:24 PM
It will be two phases starting with the area where the Spirit of Aloha show is now. Some other existing buildings will be removed for the second phase.

Ohh yea... I had heard there is a plan to shut and remove the luau show... Figured it was for DVC, but some speculated it was to make the show an indoors show so it can run nightly... and not be cancelled due to weather... I haven't been to the luau in years with no plan to ever go back.. Didn't care for it to be honest... Rather do Hoop Dee Doo... :)

tikiman
03-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Ohh yea... I had heard there is a plan to shut and remove the luau show... Figured it was for DVC, but some speculated it was to make the show an indoors show so it can run nightly... and not be cancelled due to weather... I haven't been to the luau in years with no plan to ever go back.. Didn't care for it to be honest... Rather do Hoop Dee Doo... :)

That was part of the plan also but not sure if that will happen with the changes to the GCH or if it will be in an additional building that will be part of the new construction.