PDA

View Full Version : Dec??

sisterslovindisney
01-17-2013, 08:10 PM
We are starting to plan for our next trip and I was hoping to get some advice. We were planning on going for my Birthday Jan 5, 2014 but I'm also looking at going earlier. We have always went at the beginning of January so I know what its like then. I need some info on what it's like there from around Dec 14th through the 21st. We will be staying at the Wyndham Bonnett Creek Resort (also a first for us since we usually stay at the Poly)..so any info I can get would be great..weather, crowds etc...Thanks in advance!

BigRedDad
01-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Weather and crowds should be about the same. Crowds may start to pick up at the end of your stay. I have heard great things about Wyndham Bonnet Creek and would love to stay there. I just have not found a great deal there yet to warrant it.

sisterslovindisney
01-18-2013, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the response. We will be staying at the Wyndham through a time share discovery program. It will be odd not staying at the Poly. Do you know if there are an big tour groups we would need to consider at that time?

Ms. Mode
01-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Your time frame in December is EXACTLY when we will be there! Looking at the way the calendar falls this year we thought that would be a good week to go, so we watched the crowd level during a similar week during 2012 to see how congested it might be...it was all good. :thumbsup:

AgentC
01-18-2013, 08:06 AM
We go in mid December every years. The crowds are okay but it does get more crowded on the weekends.

Two things that worked really well for us this year were going to the Osborne lights right before park close and doing our Magic Kingdom day on a party day. Even though we had shorter hours at MK, the crowds were really light.

Weather wise December is a mixed bag in FL. It could be 30. It could be 80. It is most likely going to be in the low 70s but you have to be prepared for anything.

It is truly a great time to visit. Have fun.

Butters
01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
We were there this December during that timeframe. Crowds were light and we had beautiful weather in the upper 70's for nearly the entire week. Great time of year to go!

sisterslovindisney
01-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Sounds like a great time to go. We are from the snow belt of Pennsylvania - anything above 40 is a swimming weather for us. We were there in January 2010 and it actually was so cold we couldn't swim at all. For the most part though, we love that time of year. My only concern about December is my sister's family is going with us and I'm not sure if she would take the kids out of school the week before Christmas break. The week after the break usually isn't as bad because they are just getting back into the swing of things. I'm leaning toward December now though based on these responses!