PDA

View Full Version : What is the quickest way to get to DTD from MK?

g8rgirl29
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
What is the quickest way to get from the Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney?? Thank you!!

Friend of Figment
01-17-2013, 08:00 PM
By bus, I would suggest MK to Saratoga Springs. From SS switch to the DTD bus.

MargaretMessler
01-17-2013, 08:34 PM
I think there may be a bus from the TTC to DTD, someone correct me if I am wrong. If there is, you can monorail or ferry boat to the TTC from the MK main gate.

Also you can walk over to CR and take a bus from there I would think.

Capt_redshirt
01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
if you are going to TTC you take the monorail to the TTC and then the bus to dtd. you can also go Port orleans and take the boat to dtd

Mr. Smee
01-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Quickest is relative.

Last night after Illuminations, I jumped on the POFQ bus and took the Boat from POFQ to DTD. I was at the dock near Rainforest by 9:45. Total travel time approx 30 minutes. The best advice is to jump on the first Deluxe or Moderate bus you see, go to the destination and hop a bus to DTD (Or in the case of POFQ, POR, or even SS, take a boat) If time is the most pressing factor, jump the first bus you see leaving, and make your connection. I chose the POFQ because the bus was there and I really enjoy the boat ride after a long park day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
The quickest would probably be to walk to the Contemporary, and then take a DTD bus.

It can be fun to take a bus to PO and then the boat, but the line can be fairly long for the boat, so it isn't the quickest way. If you do want to take the boat, get a bus to POR, that's where they load first for the boat to DTD.

Main Street Jim
01-18-2013, 09:51 AM
I think there may be a bus from the TTC to DTD, someone correct me if I am wrong. If there is, you can monorail or ferry boat to the TTC from the MK main gate.

Also you can walk over to CR and take a bus from there I would think.There is no bus from any of the parks or TTC to Downtown Disney.

About ten years ago, there was, though. People would park at DtD (for free and avoid the parking charges), then bus to the parks. When Disney figured this out, they stopped those routes.

You have a few options.

1) Walk over to Contemporary, then bus to DTD. Problem is, Contemporary is the first stop on the Cont/Poly/Grand Flo loop, so you'd be making two more stops and about another half hour.

2) Bus from MK to Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans, or Old Key West, then walk, boat, or bus.

3) Boat to Ft. Wilderness, then bus to DtD. Problem is, you have to get on another bus to the front of FW.

4) Boat to Grand Flo, then bus to DtD. Since GF is the last bus stop on that loop, this might be a good option.

MOJoe
01-18-2013, 10:18 AM
If speed is really the most important issue, you could walk to the Contemporary and catch a taxi. I'm guessing it will cost around $20.

Janmac
01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
There is no bus from any of the parks or TTC to Downtown Disney.

About ten years ago, there was, though. People would park at DtD (for free and avoid the parking charges), then bus to the parks. When Disney figured this out, they stopped those routes.

You have a few options.

1) Walk over to Contemporary, then bus to DTD. Problem is, Contemporary is the first stop on the Cont/Poly/Grand Flo loop, so you'd be making two more stops and about another half hour.

2) Bus from MK to Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans, or Old Key West, then walk, boat, or bus.

3) Boat to Ft. Wilderness, then bus to DtD. Problem is, you have to get on another bus to the front of FW.

4) Boat to Grand Flo, then bus to DtD. Since GF is the last bus stop on that loop, this might be a good option.

4) is probably the way to go as GF is the first stop on the boat.

On one trip we took the boat from the Poly to MK about mid morning. When dear grandson saw the crowd at the turnstiles he said, oh no, not happening. We decided on DTD, walked to the bus stop where a CM said no bus from here, go to the Contemporary. Nice walk but a long wait for the bus, and where did we go? Right back to the Poly. We just had to laugh. :D

So, either take the first resort bus and then a Downtown bus from there, or the launch to GF and then the DTD bus.

Jan

bruin1344
01-19-2013, 03:37 PM
By bus, I would suggest MK to Saratoga Springs. From SS switch to the DTD bus.

Back on my 2005 trip, they wouldnt allow us on the bus to SS because we werent staying there. I am not sure if that is still in effect or if it was the rules back in 2005 or they were discriminating against young guys in their late teens/early 20s.

Patricia
01-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Back on my 2005 trip, they wouldnt allow us on the bus to SS because we werent staying there. I am not sure if that is still in effect or if it was the rules back in 2005 or they were discriminating against young guys in their late teens/early 20s.

Aww, that's not right.. if you are holding a Disney Park ticket, you are allowed to use all Disney transportation. What if you were going to SS to eat? Sounds like it may have been your age or someone that was misinformed. :confused:

Anyhoo.. If you do bus to SS get off at the Congress Park stop and it's a only few minutes to walk on a path to DTD.

phillydan
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
If we are pressed for time, I just spend the $$ to take a cab. It is worth the price to reduce the stress of missing your ADR or having some extra time to freshen up before your next excursion.

As others have stated, walk to Contemporary and grab a cab from there.