PDA

View Full Version : Mom and I are back! Live from Pop!

Dopey's Girl
01-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Morning!

Got in last night a bit later due to some weather, but were off to Pop fairly quickly. Our room is in a great location. 50's building #3, with a view of the lake and AoA. Close to everything, but not in the thick of the action.

Called bell services to have them bring my Strollers and Groceries order, but turns out it was sent to BC. Quick call and S & G had my stuff to me, with an apology from the owner in person. Very good customer service. Won't hesitate to use them again!

After dinner and unpacking, I walked over to AoA to meet Debbi, another Intercot member. It's crazy..my last three trips have overlapped with hers! She got upgraded to a suit at AoA so I went to check it out. Very nice! We chatted for a bit, then it was time for bed. Quick walk back to Pop and it was time for bed!

We just decided it was an Epcot day. Can't wait! I have to see new Test Track and have a drink with Gary's Column. Lunch will be at the new bakery in France. Then later I'm hoping to get to meet up with our resident runner Christine at DHS.

Time to get ready and start having the fun! Back later!

VWL Mom
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Have fun Meg! I look forward to following you around.

Melanie
01-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Yay Meg!!! You're doing all my favorite stuff at Epcot today. :D Have a great one!

disney obsessed
01-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Have fun!

faline
01-17-2013, 09:10 AM
And you're off to a wonderful start!!!

Beach Club Babe
01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Have a great trip! Glad you got to meet up with Debbi and see the AoA suite! Can't wait to hear more!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Have a great day:mickey:

BriarRose0708
01-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Say cheers to the Column for me!

Dopey's Girl
01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Just ran back to Pop to change shoes and clothes (mom was in jeans and its warm!:cloud9:) Rode 'new' Test Track (meh..), Soarin x2, did some shopping and snacking. We are going to relax for a few mins, then head back to Epcot for WS!

emerzmom
01-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Oh to be in EPCOT today....
Have fun!
:tink:
Julie

SBETigg
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Awesome! Glad you got to catch up with Debbi and see the Lion King suite, too. Also cool, that you got a good location at Pop. Sad about the new Test Track (Meh). Have so much fun!

Dopey's Girl
01-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Back at Pop now. Man, did it get cold!!!

We wandered around WS this afternoon. My favorite. We paid out respects to Column, then We wandered and shopped in the countries, and had a yummy lunch in the new French bakery. Yum! So good, and so nice not being packed in like sardines!

We wandered some more, and then saw The American Adventure show. So fun. When we came out of thee show it was misting and really windy. We decided to leave the rest of the countries for later and headed out. I'm glad we did. It wasn't very nice out!

Now wet are thinking about dinner, and settling in early for the night.

Katzateer
01-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Wow, did we chase the lovely weather away?? Hope it is dry and gets a little warmer for you and your mom.

We got home with no problems,ordered pizza and now I am going to collapse and give my puppies and kitties some extra love and call it an early night.

Have a great time!

Maybe I will see you in April :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
I tank Florida is getting weather Texas had at he beginning of the week--cold, wet, cloudy. Hang in there, it should get nicer!

Dopey's Girl
01-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Cold again today. Heading to AK (in my Yeti gear!) in a while. Ak isn't our favorites, so I'm not thinking we will be there all day. I will have some Flame Tree food, so I can sit and quietly contemplate life. Then it's off to DD. might see a movie and will do a little shopping. Even in the cold, I'm having a great time!

faline
01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Good to hear that the cold weather isn't diminishing your fun!!

Dopey's Girl
01-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Back at Pop again. It's pretty rainy and is still chilly.

We went to AK this morning and plenty done. Had a great Safari, saw FOTLK, rode Everest and walked a bunch of the trails. We also had a snack at Yak and Yeti...yum!

Tonight we are going to head to DD for some shopping and dinner (Earl of Sandwich with dessert at Ghiradellis). Can't wait!

Beach Club Babe
01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Sounds great minus the cold weather!

Dopey's Girl
01-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Good morning!

Off to MK today! Mom doesn't have park hoppers and decided she wanted 2 MK days and 2 Epcot days. Ok by me! No real plan for the day. I want her to see New Fantasyland and I have to have a hot dog from Casey's. Aside from that, we will do and see what we can!

Chance of showers again today, but warmer. Hoping to get to see the sun for at least a little while today!

AgentC
01-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Have a great day, Meg. Try to get into Be Our Guest for lunch if you can. It is beautiful inside.

Melanie
01-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Have fun, Meg and Mom!

I second Cindy's recommendation on BOG. Do it if you can!

Dopey's Girl
01-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestion of BOG... We were just talking about that.

I have a complaint, but have to preface it first. I love the way Disney goes out of its way to help its disabled guests. They are top notch at doing all they can to enhance the guest experience. It's great. However, I have just spent the last 15 mins on a packed, parked bus because just as we were going to leave the stop a woman in a scooter came up. Not only did the driver load her and her 8 family members, but she made a bunch of people get off the bus. I just don't think that is right. The bus was already full (no room for any other people to stand even) but the driver had closed the doors and was about to leave when her family ran and knocked on the door. Kind of crazy...

Oh well. Off to MK to show mom FLE!

disney obsessed
01-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the day to day. I am really enjoying it.

I agree that it was a poor decision by the bus driver. If there was space, then they should get on. If they do not, they should wait for the next bus. Just like everyone else would if we got to the bus as it was ready to pull away.

I want to be in Disney World!!!!!!!!

Dopey's Girl
01-19-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm line for BOG! Can't wait to try it out!

dtootsie42
01-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Sounds like you are having a terrific time. The bus thing would have driven me a bit nuts and I know my husband would have gone to guest services to complain...it just is not right to be on a full bus and then asked to get off.

Dec 1997-Contemporary
Dec 1999-Poly
Dec 2001-Poly concierge
June 2002-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2003-Poly concierge
Dec 2005-Poly concierge
Dec 2007-Poly concierge
Oct 2008-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2009-Poly concierge
Nov 2010-Disneyland Hotel
Feb. 2012- Grand Floridian concierge celebrating 25 years of marriage just hubby and I
September 2012- DisneyLand Paradise Pier

Dopey's Girl
01-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Back at Pop for a break! MK is super busy today! We rode the new Ariel ride (name escapes me) HM, BTMRR, Peter Pan, and Priates before we left. The highlight of the morning was a very light lunch at BOG. So, so beautiful in there! The food was pretty good. We just had soup and a cupcake. It was really early for lunch (10:30) so we weren't overly hungry, but we really wanted to see it!

We are heading back in a bit, but just needed to escape the masses!

faline
01-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Hope you're havinga wonderful Magic Kingdom day!

disney obsessed
01-20-2013, 10:14 AM
What are you doing today?? Where are you now?

I wish i were there!!!

January-2007
01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks for reporting!

Dopey's Girl
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
In Epcot today. Still busy, but ok. I'm over the masses of Brazillian kids. They have not been fun to deal with. Loud, rude and terribly under supervised.

Just finished Soarin (waited 40 mins in the fastpass line). Now I'm waiting in Innovemtiona to meet Cindy and her Daughter!

SBETigg
01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh no, tour groups! Cool that you're meeting up with Cindy and her daughter, though. Good times ahead!

BriarRose0708
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Sounds like a great INTERCOT mini-meet! So glad you liked Be Our Guest, I can't wait to try it next year. Maybe we can do a nice group meal there?

Eeek, sorry about the tour groups. I have another friend there this week too and this was his Facebook post:
"So, I'm pretty certain almost ever resident of the country of Brazil is presently visiting DisneyWorld. If we ever had hopes of invading Brazil, now would be the time to do it. They will be completely defenseless."

Hope the crowds thin out for you. Thanks for the real time updates!

Katzateer
01-20-2013, 04:09 PM
There were a lot of tour groups for us also but we didn't have any problems with any of them. But I know from past years, it can be horrible! Hope that part of it gets better!!

emerzmom
01-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the live reports and sharing a little pixie dust. BoG sounds wonderful. Sorry about the Brazilliians. Can't wait to hear where you are tomorrow. Hope it is warmer.
Julie

Dopey's Girl
01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a great INTERCOT mini-meet! So glad you liked Be Our Guest, I can't wait to try it next year. Maybe we can do a nice group meal there?

Eeek, sorry about the tour groups. I have another friend there this week too and this was his Facebook post:
"So, I'm pretty certain almost ever resident of the country of Brazil is presently visiting DisneyWorld. If we ever had hopes of invading Brazil, now would be the time to do it. They will be completely defenseless."

Hope the crowds thin out for you. Thanks for the real time updates!

BOG meet would be fun!

Your friend is right...that's so funny!

As much as I love it here, I'm over the masses of rude teenagers, and am ready to go home. Gasp, can't believe I just said that! But, since I have my next trips planned, it's a bit easier to think of leaving.

Today with Cindy and Co. was a lot of fun! They taught me all about some stuff in Epcot that I've never done (Agent P adventure and Innoventions stuff). It was so much fun to just wander and chat!

Tomorrow is MK again, with lunch at LTT! Can't wait. We love it there!

Hammer
01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Meg, sounds like you are having a good time despite the tour groups!

Regarding the bus driver, they were in the wrong to do that. This is why most drivers load a wheelchair/ECV first so to accurately assess the number of people that can fit after securing the chair(s). That family was rude.

Now, when I was there in December with my Mom,who uses a wheelchair, I remember a sign posted at the Beach Club bus stop that said that no more than 6 people, including the wheelchair passenger, can board together. Can you look if they have that sign at your resort bus stop or if you see it at any other bus stop?

Dopey's Girl
01-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Meg, sounds like you are having a good time despite the tour groups!

Regarding the bus driver, they were in the wrong to do that. This is why most drivers load a wheelchair/ECV first so to accurately assess the number of people that can fit after securing the chair(s). That family was rude.

Now, when I was there in December with my Mom,who uses a wheelchair, I remember a sign posted at the Beach Club bus stop that said that no more than 6 people, including the wheelchair passenger, can board together. Can you look if they have that sign at your resort bus stop or if you see it at any other bus stop?

I'll take a look Christine. It was just so frustrating since we were loaded and ready to go before they even got to the stop!

Today we and our trip at MK. I'm sad to leave, but so ready to get home. I miss my niece and nephew horribly. It's been a good trip, but both mom and I are ready to get home to our own beds and pillows!

VWL Mom
01-21-2013, 07:16 AM
I have another friend there this week too and this was his Facebook post:

:funny:

As much as I love it here, I'm over the masses of rude teenagers, and am ready to go home. Gasp, can't believe I just said that! But, since I have my next trips planned, it's a bit easier to think of leaving.

Sorry about the crowds but it sounds like you and mom are making the best of it and have managed to enjoy yourselves in spite of them.

Dopey's Girl
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Crowds are much better today! Average wait is about 20 mins. So much better!!!

Lunch at LTT in about 45 mins. Can't wait! That is a tradition with my family, and can't be missed!

BriarRose0708
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Crowds are much better today! Average wait is about 20 mins. So much better!!!

Lunch at LTT in about 45 mins. Can't wait! That is a tradition with my family, and can't be missed!

Yay! Hopefully you can get a lot done on your last day. Enjoy LTT lunch, it's my new favorite MK meal and I am sure it's going to be great!

Dopey's Girl
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
On the way back to MK for the last park visit of the trip. Today has been much better crowd wise, thank goodness. Not sure what we are going to do, but I know I need a Casey's hot dog as my final MK meal!

VWL Mom
01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Glad things turned around for you, enjoy the rest of your day.

Dopey's Girl
01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Just back to Pop. We rode Buzz and the PeopleMover, then did some final shopping. Saw
Philharmagic, and just wandered around MK, soaking in the sights. Had dinner at Casey's, then shopped our way out. It was sad to go, but we had such a perfect day today, that we were happy to be leaving on such a high note.

Now I'm packing up and getting everything ready to go home tomorrow. I'm sad, but most likely will be back in April.

Thanks for reading along! Sometime tomorrow, ill post my final thoughts!

disney obsessed
01-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks! Its been fun.

Dopey's Girl
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Final thoughts...

Pop. I'm over it. We had to stay on the cheap this time, so we had no real choice. But as an adult with no kids, and a fondness for quiet, Pop just doesn't cut it. The beds were hard, pillows awful, and it was so blessed noisey, that it was really hard to sleep.

January. It's ok, but Disney needs to do something about the Brazillians. There were a lot of them, and the kids are never with the adults. They need to start enforcing some rules about the numbers of teens allowed to roam freely with no concern for anyone or anything around them. We had really horrible experiences with them in the parks, and at Pop. January weather was pretty good, a bit cool for my taste, but it's -9 at home, so I can't complain much!

Strollers and Groceries. Even with a delivery mishap, I would highly recommend them. Not only did they fix the problem, but the owner called to apologize in person. That's good service!

All in all it was a good trip! Got to meet up with some Intercot friends and had lots of fun with mom. Thanks for reading!

emerzmom
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Hope you had a great last day and safe trip home.
Julie

Dopey's Girl
01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
One last thing from my trip...

I attract strangeness on flights. If there is a goofball in the airport, they are sitting near me. I have been near a woman who chanted the whole flight, a man who talked incessantly about crashing, and my personal favorite, a man who took off his shoes and socks and picked at his feet all the way from MSP to Denver. :ack: but yesterday's freak was pretty awesome. We flew SWA, and had A passes so we were in the exit row. A woman in her early 20's sat in the center seat across the aisle. She talked, nonstop for the first 2+ hours of the flight. Honestly, her mouth didn't stop. We got to hear about everything and everyone in her life.

About 2 hrs into the flight, she got up to go to the bathroom, taking all her stuff with her. She came back a bit later reeking of smoke, with a flight attendant hot on her heals. The flight attendant asked her a bunch if questions about it (they found her lighter in the lav, plus could smell the smoke) and asked for her ID. She said she didn't have one, that where she comes from (New Orleans) doesn't ask for them when you fly (um...don't think so). The attendant told her that if she wasn't going to cooperate, the MPLS police would be waiting for her, and that she was facing a $10,000 fine. Didn't phase her, she kept talking.

When we landed at MSP, she hurried to get off quickly, calling a friend to meet her out front 'right now'. Well that didn't work out, because when she got off the plane, the flight attendant was waiting to point her out to the 2 cops waiting for her. She flipped out, claiming she knew her citizens rights and that get couldn't arrest her. Still wouldn't produce an ID, so thy cuffed her, and carted her off.

Moral of the story...don't smoke on a flight. There is no way for it to turn out well!

Katzateer
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Wow! What a flight - you don't need to watch a reality show - that was strange enough! Glad you made it home.

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: