PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Plan Experiences?

WhiteRose1
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
We are one of 'those types' who goes to Disney every 5 years, and makes it grand. It's out 10th anniversary, and we are doing the same plan we did for our honeymoon (and our 5th). My first time through all this, there was another couple who was doing the same trip, just about 2 months before us...we got to hear all about the fun things they did using the platinum plan features, hidden gems, and surprises along the way. They had some awesome room upgrades to a suite at GF!

So here's some background...for our honeymoon, we did not even get a king bed when staying at AK. for our 5th we stayed at Poly and got upgraded to concierge. I remember with my conversation back when I was planning our honeymoon, this was a fairly common practice(upgrading platinum to concierge, because of the IP), but I have not heard much of this lately. We got no upgrades during our first trip, but back then there were many more gifts given, like a his/hers resort gift (two bottles of perfume from AK in a cool box), and a lithgraph.

for our 5th, much of that was removed from the plan, but the concierge planner back then was so amazing (we had Jeff Todd, who was a legend!) it was really a magical trip.

This time, after a few days in WDW, we are going on a short cruise. We saved up for this trip for quite awhile. so..anyway, platinum plan.. what did you do, what did you see? did you get any room upgrades? Did you use IP?

Yes I'm sure there will be some discussion about how the plan is not worth it, etc...but each time we have gone, we have saved receipts and calculated what we spent, vs what we would have spent without the plan...and our first year, our receipts totalled nearly the price of the trip itself, and we ate where we wanted to eat and did not have to worry about it.

We did not stuff ourselves..you know you do not have to finish everything on your plate! lol Have you ever gone to a restaurant and seen an appetizer you know would be fun to try, but did not want to risk getting something you disliked? Maybe a dessert...just wanted to have a few bites, but did not want to worry about 'wasting' the money? That is how we saw it

So, how does the plan compare to previous years? what did you think? It;s hard to find many who have done this plan, so it will be nice to find out what your experiences are!