PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service - Healthy pics?

Diznut
01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Heading back down in May. Will have the quick service dining plan and would love suggestions of your favorite restaurants that have healthy choices. We're not the burgers and fries kind of people. Thank you in advance!

NJGIRL
01-16-2013, 10:10 PM
I like the Lighthouse Sandwich at the Columbia Harbor House.

The Sunshine Seasons also has a variety of non burger selections. For quick service its a nice change.

The bakery in the MK has a caprese sandwich which is very good.

BrerGnat
01-17-2013, 08:09 AM
We really like the Contempo Cafe. They have a very good grilled chicken sandwich on multigrain bun, served with side of green beans. It's very light. They also have some excellent salads and flatbreads there.

In addition, I have found that several of the "wraps" offered at various CS locations are quite good and light.

I agree with Columbia Harbor House. Both the sandwiches there (the hummus and the tuna) are good. You can get a side of apples or carrots to sub for the chips.

At Epcot, you can find some nice light choices at the bakeries in Norway and France (sandwiches, salads). In addition, I find the tacos at the Cantina in Mexico to be quite light (just grilled meat and veggies/salsa).

You can also get stuff like rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's in MK and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

You will be fine on the QS plan and you could go the whole week and never have a burger and fries.

DisneyFan1979
01-17-2013, 12:25 PM
For both health reasons and personal taste, my family are not burger and fries eaters either. When eating at Disney QS restaurants with a little advance planning I'm usually able to find a turkey, chicken, or ham sandwich or a salad with chicken in it.
At the Studios, I recommend Backlot Express - there is a grilled turkey and cheese and a grilled vegetable sandwich.
In Epcot, there are lots of good options at Sunshine Seasons. And from what I understand, the new Boulangerie Patisserie in France will be a good option.
In MK, try Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays, and Be Our Guest.
In Animal Kingdom, Pizzafari is OK.

There are probably other places, but I'm not big on spicy foods or onions/peppers and the like, so I haven't tried places that have Mexico and Morrocco in Epcot.

cer
01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
In Downtown Disney, we tried Wolfgang Puck Express and had an excellent dinner there this past weekend. We have also enjoyed Earl of Sandwich as well.

I have found that the counter service options offer quite a variety of foods. In fact there are very few I can think of that offer exclusively burgers.

In Epcot, the bakery in France has some good sandwich and soup options.

We went to the Mara at the Animal Kingdom lodge and they had wonderful counter service options as well including a chicken pita sandwich, a stew, salads, soup and flatbread.

In Liberty Square in MK, in addition to Columbia Harbor House, there is a place nearby where you can get a baked potato.

I don't think you will have any problems finding food that is to your liking.

stephicakes
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
From a vegetarian point of view - you shouldn't have a problem eating healthy/light. I never have a problem finding healthy options throughout the parks and most places are great with requests for substitutions. They often have separate menus/options for folks with allergies, etc. Even at Flame Tree BBQ they have whipped me up a salad minus the chicken :D. I also love Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT :thumbsup:

Like others have mentioned, it may take a little planning but you guys should be fine!

steph :mickey:

bruin1344
01-19-2013, 03:42 PM
During trips, I like to take a break from eating the same fried foods every day. Most counterservices seem to have something healthy on the menu. Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and Columbia Harbour House at MK are my favorite healthy options.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
DHS-Starring Rolls-you can get turkey or black forest ham on foccacia and you can chose fruit or baked chips for a side.

MK-the grill station I believe you can get rotisserie chicken and green beans

Epcot-Sunshine Seasons-a wide variety of healthy choices, salmon, salads etc....

hauntedmansiongirl
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Another vote for Starring Rolls at DHS, Sunshine Seasons and Boulangerie Pattisserie in Epcot, Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Ray in MK, Yak and Yeti CS in AK. Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney are assume too!

You will have no problems! :mickey: