PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for lunch at BOG

Mickey 101
01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on avoiding a really long wait at QS lunch at Be Our Guest? Has anyone been there recently, and how early does the line start to form?

Gator
01-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on avoiding a really long wait at QS lunch at Be Our Guest? Has anyone been there recently, and how early does the line start to form?

The line starts forming at 10:30am. It's long and it stays long for the next 3 hours. Not much of a strategy that I can give you. I had the fortune of literally running into a friend I'd met on a previous trip. Talking with him made the 40 minute wait go a lot faster.

disneydeb
01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
We got there a bit after 2 and they were still serving lunch, the line went really quickly, really! AND it is well worth the wait we had! :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
have a gronola bar for breakfast and get in line at 10:30 for lunch. The line does go fast. Its worth it for a try. I thought the adult meals were great. I wasn't as pleased with the kids meals, but thems the breaks... I just thought there wasnt enough for them. But what they had tasted wonderful.

DisneyGlutton
01-16-2013, 10:01 PM
When I went in early Dec (and obviously the line will fluctuate as park attendance does), we got in line at 10:45am and were seated in less than 20 mins, which I felt was reasonable.

etibbetts
01-17-2013, 08:23 AM
As it's new and so popular, I don't see the lines going down anytime soon. I'd suggest getting in line early (10:30) as you know the restaurant is empty so there will be room to bring all the people in (you'll just be waiting for all to get through the ordering process).

It was well worth the wait!

Melanie
01-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Cindy (AgentC) and I ate there last Saturday, and while the line may look intimidating, it really moves quickly. Don't panic about it. Just get in line and enjoy all the beautiful scenery around you. :thumbsup:

Scrappy2
01-19-2013, 12:10 PM
We were there Thanksgiving week. Got in line about 10:30. Line moved pretty fast. Food was really good. I do agree the kids meal were a little on the small side. Our GS eats like a bird so it was plenty of food. One thing to keep in mind is your whole party has to wait in line. Which I like. We did see some turned away trying to get to their party. The restaurant was beautiful!! It really is a very nice addition to MK!

Mickey 101
01-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you for the helpful replies. I had heard horror stories about lines forming at 9am, so just wanted to know what to plan that day. We are happy to 'enjoy the experience' and our original plan was to get queued up at 10:30 when they open. Sounds like it should work. Thanks again all :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2013, 08:30 PM
No worries!
Our family of five had lunch here twice during Christmas week. The line looks intimidating, but trust me, it's really not. We didn't wait longer than 20 mins both times. And...once we were in line at 11:30, and once at 12:15, prime lunch times, AND it was a super crowded week. There is a boatload and a half of seating inside, and they keep it moving. The food arrives very quickly and we loved it all. Especially the slow cooked pork meal, it was super delicious, along with the strawberry cupcake. We sampled most everything on the menu between the two visits and the five of us. Loved it.