PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

GoldenDreams
01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi All,

For the first time, we will be using Disney Transfers between the airport and Port Canaveral. I'm curious about people's experiences with them. Some specific questions:

1) How is it decided which bus you take back to the aiport after the cruise? Does Disney give you a time or is it first-come first-serve after you get through customs?

2) Do the buses have bathrooms? (such as those things are)

3) On our way to the cruise, we'll be flying in the night before, staying at or near the airport, and bringing our luggage to the airport in the morning. Am I right in assuming that we attach the luggage tags at that point and once we get off the bus at Port Canaveral, we just go on our way to the fun and our luggage goes magically from the bus to our room?

Thanks, everyone!
Any tips or insight is much appreciated. Am I correct in assuming it is all a little bit better managed than the hotel buses to Magic Kingdom in the morning? (And oh, do those need some kind of a queue like they have coming out of the park!)

wdwnutz
01-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Great questions! I'm a first time cruiser May 2013 on the Dream...staying at Pop Century the night before cruise and night we return form cruise.

joanna71985
01-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi All,

For the first time, we will be using Disney Transfers between the airport and Port Canaveral. I'm curious about people's experiences with them. Some specific questions:

1) How is it decided which bus you take back to the aiport after the cruise? Does Disney give you a time or is it first-come first-serve after you get through customs?

3) On our way to the cruise, we'll be flying in the night before, staying at or near the airport, and bringing our luggage to the airport in the morning. Am I right in assuming that we attach the luggage tags at that point and once we get off the bus at Port Canaveral, we just go on our way to the fun and our luggage goes magically from the bus to our room?

Thanks, everyone!
Any tips or insight is much appreciated. Am I correct in assuming it is all a little bit better managed than the hotel buses to Magic Kingdom in the morning? (And oh, do those need some kind of a queue like they have coming out of the park!)

1. It's a first-come thing (you get on the first available bus once you are through Customs).

2. Not 100% positive, but I want to say yes

3. At the airport, you will put the tags on before dropping the luggage off (and it will be delivered to your room).

Tink1
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM

There are TONS of buses waiting for you after you go through customs. The attendant at the buses will take your name and tell you where to go.

Yes they do

Attach the tags at the hotel on your way back to the airport. Disney will take it from you at the airport and magically place it in your cabin.

Hope that helps!

Nanc

BrerGnat
01-18-2013, 05:31 PM
FYI, most of the buses have bathrooms. However, on occasion, Disney utilizes Vans to transport guests to the airport. In that case, there is obviously no bathroom. Just want you to be prepared. There is ample opportunity to use the bathroom just before you board the bus. There is a bathroom on the outside of the port building right near where the bus loop is.

GoldenDreams
01-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone!! I knew I could count on you!!

JMTStone
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
We've also used Quicksilver transportation (an Intercot sponsor) after our time on the Dream was shortened by hours it shouldn't have been.

We were staying at BCV and arranged for DCL transport from the resort to the ship. We signed up for 11 AM check-in. We were there early for the bus, our bags were ready and picked up in our room at 8 AM. (funny story - I had to buy a shirt because I realized late I had on my PJ's and my shirts were with my luggage - I end up shopping for a shirt in BCV shop in Pajama top). Our cruise was the first cruise where they did the set check-in times.

Anyway, there were so many people from BCV, there ended up being 2 buses. I imagine the people who got on the first bus got to port right away. Our bus ended up stopping at Boardwalk then Saratoga Springs.

We got on the ship at 2:30. Starving. They were closing down the buffet as we were trying to grab food.

The trip after - Quicksilver. Had our luggage with us, we had an extra 3 hours on the ship.