PDA

View Full Version : late july or mid august?

tomorrow land fan
01-15-2013, 10:44 PM
had so much fun for new years & the bowl game we are going back this summer . . . just wondering crowd wise is there a difference? thinking july might be more crowded due to school starting earlier and earlier these days. it will be hot though.

this will be a pool trip mainly, with good sunshine prior to college football season! incidentally, we stayed at the Rosen Centre on international for new years eve . . .great spot can no longer spend the $ at the disney deluxe resorts :(

feedback appreciated!

Strmchsr
01-16-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't know if it'll be a huge difference if you're just looking to hang out at the resorts, but the crowds will definitely be some lower by mid-August.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Agreed, we've been mid-late August a few times and crowds aren't too bad, and really drop off the last couple of weeks as schools start to go back.

BigRedDad
01-16-2013, 08:23 AM
There are MANY deluxe resorts off Disney property that are significantly less expensive. If you are just going down to a resort for their pool and not going to WDW, there are many places you can go that are very nice not in Orlando. I would go to the Bahamas.

caryrae
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
We went the end of June last year and it was pretty crowded and very hot and humid plus it rained a lot.

Itchy
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I would have to cast my vote for mid to late August due to kids starting or getting ready to go back to school.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

disneydeb
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
another vote for mid to late August due to lower crowds..:mickey:

Becca3557
01-26-2013, 01:45 PM
We had some discussions about the same thing this year too. But ultimately August works better for us. We know through experience that it is less crowded. That makes a difference IMHO because crowds AND heat/humidity together can be overwhelming. Cuts the stress level way down! ;)

bruin1344
01-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Vote for Mid-Aug. Although its very humid and you have to put up with quick daily thunderstorms, the crowds are manageable.

faline
01-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Another vote for mid-August - still hot and humid but crowds are subsiding from summer highs.

MargaretMessler
01-27-2013, 08:55 PM
If those were the only two options, I would choose August. But for me either one would probably be too humid.

chefmickey3
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Another vote for August - July has a lot of South American groups as well as regular crowds. We go in July because of our schedules but would pick August if we could. Slight increased risk of hurricanes but you can't worry about that. We have outrun two in August, leaving just before conditions got bad. Heat is the same both months - but if you use the pool, it is manageable.

tomorrow land fan
01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
thanks for all of the feedback folks. currently it appears mid august is going to be our choice. . . time will tell!

either way i cannot wait . . .