PDA

View Full Version : AAA rates

Dream'nDisney
01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know how far in advance you can book a room-only reservation with a AAA discount?

RockinRobin
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Check with Magical Journeys they can make AAA res. for you and they will know the answers to your questions and if a better discount comes along (sometimes AAA is not always the best discount) MJ will let you know.

caryrae
01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Yup Magical Journeys is awesome. You can fill out a price request where in the form you can type in your AAA info. They are very nice people and do a great job.

KarenP
01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
AAA room rates are now out for all of 2013.

LVT
01-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I can usually get the AAA discount in August when the new rates for the next year are released.

roses
01-16-2013, 09:21 AM
AAA Rates are out - if you chose to use your local AAA club for your travel needs, they also have a few extras now that go with your package that are not available to the general public to give away.

Dream'nDisney
01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I just got off the phone with a WDW castmember, and they do not have the AAA rates out for 2014 yet. She said to check back in the fall (as LVT stated). I might consider switching to MJ, but I am a control freak and a planner! I've used them before, and had a pleasant experience, but not sure if I can give up the reins just yet! :blush:

roses
01-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I just got off the phone with a WDW castmember, and they do not have the AAA rates out for 2014 yet. She said to check back in the fall (as LVT stated). I might consider switching to MJ, but I am a control freak and a planner! I've used them before, and had a pleasant experience, but not sure if I can give up the reins just yet! :blush:

:rotfl: I'm the same way! I'm even interning at AAA Travel and still am planning my own vacation!

Dream'nDisney
01-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Its actually what I live for! I love researching and watching the boards for updates and deals. I may make 10 or more different changes before it is all said and done. My friends know what a Disney freak I am and even email me news articles, etc. about Disney. :blush:

roses
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Mine too! They are used to it now :)

Sylvia
01-16-2013, 10:52 PM

I used to be a control freak and a planner myself. I'm still a planner, because I enjoying acting as though the upcoming trip is my first one. But I've given up control to MJ (Wendy). With all of the discounts available, AAA, AP, or an occasional PIN, MJ (Wendy) keeps the stress out of the planning. Wendy keeps on top of things and let's me know which discount will be best for me. Since I've used MJ, I've saved quite a bit of money, which was used for TS meals and/or treats during the trip.

The only time I don't use MJ is when I decide I need a larger room, and stay at SoG.

caryrae
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Why do you have to give up control or planning because you use MJ? You can still be in control and plan the vacation how you want to just as you would if you didn't use MJ.

Dream'nDisney
01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I guess you are right. I asked the question earlier, but I don't know if I got the answer.... do you know if I book my trip through MJ for certain days, and a discount becomes available for just a portion of the days I have booked (or maybe a portion plus a few days earlier or later than I have booked), will MJ contact me to see if I want to change my days to take advantage of the savings?

mariak
01-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Check with Magical Journeys they can make AAA res. for you and they will know the answers to your questions and if a better discount comes along (sometimes AAA is not always the best discount) MJ will let you know.

Magical Journeys can make AAA reservations? We've used AAA quite a bit over the years and had teetered on booking with MJ last year but in the end, booked with AAA and got a great "preferred" parking pass with that.

After having met Karen and the other wonderful ladies from MJ at I-15, I decided that we'll book with MJ when we fly and go through AAA (for the parking pass) whenever we drive down. So, would we still get the AAA parking pass if we book through MJ? Are there any other differences?

I'm looking forward booking with Magical Journeys either way!

Thanks for the info!

Maria

CuteAsMinnie
01-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know what the AAA discounts are for the WL during July 2013?

:mickey:

caryrae
01-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know what the AAA discounts are for the WL during July 2013?

:mickey:

You could fill out a quote on Magical Journeys site and they will send you an e-mail with a price for room-only with a AAA discount.

Tink1
01-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I guess you are right. I asked the question earlier, but I don't know if I got the answer.... do you know if I book my trip through MJ for certain days, and a discount becomes available for just a portion of the days I have booked (or maybe a portion plus a few days earlier or later than I have booked), will MJ contact me to see if I want to change my days to take advantage of the savings?

We will let you know what options are available to you when discounts release.

Then it is up to you how we proceed.

we make no changes without your OK unless it is same dates, resort and category but lower price. (that is a no brainer)

Nanc

Dream'nDisney
01-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Good to know. Thank you Nanc!!