PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

caryrae
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Will many people be watching it this year? I am not interested in the show anymore, have no interest in watching this year. I think last year I was getting tired of the show and only watched a few episodes. It's just not the same as it was at the beginning. I just don't want to watch the 2 women judges.

SBETigg
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
I have no interest in watching, mostly because it has become all about the judges and I dislike the judges on board this season. Not a fan of Mariah, Nicki Minaj,or Keith Urban. Plus with so many talent discovery shows out there now, I think we're all feeling a bit inundated. Do we need to keep doing it? I guess it all depends on ratings.

Goofster
01-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I haven't watched AI since Carrie Underwood was the winner, but I might actually check it out this season after enjoying The Voice. Just wish it were on Thursday as Wednesday we watch all of the ABC comedies.

AgentC
01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
I think the last full season I watched was when all 3 original judges were on. I've peeked in from time to time but never watched the whole thing since then.

Last year I didn't watch it once.

greengeen
01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't watch even 15 seconds of Nicki Minaj, I think I would prefer being water boarded.

:sick::sick::sick:

TinkerbellT421
01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
I cannot even express in enough words how much I HATE HATE HATE Nikki Minaj. I would rather have hot pokers stuck in my eyes than watch her for five seconds. Sigh, but I think my mom will want to watch this show, so I may have to wear headphones and watch tv on the iPad while she watches.

1DisneyNut
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
I haven't been able to stand that show since about season 3. Haven't watched it in years.

Like greengeen and TinkerbellT421, I absolutely cannot stand Nikki Minaj. Her personality is like nails on a chalk board.

MNNHFLTX
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
I actually deleted the series from my DVR last year and have no intention of watching it this year either. About the only way I would watch it would be if they had the three original judges back on for one more season.

SBETigg
01-19-2013, 11:22 AM
With great shame, I have to admit that I watched some of it. Husband wanted to see how the new judges worked out, and in a moment of weakness, I went along. I can report that it is as bad as we all imagined. It's all about Nicki and Mariah sneering at each other and they're hard-pressed to pay proper attention to the auditioners. I have more respect for Keith Urban for being stuck in the middle of that and showing genuine respect and care for the contestants and the process. But it's horrible, and we won't watch again. Curiosity sated.

DVC2004
01-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Add me to the not interested list. I think this show has run its course, but it keeps coming back. As much publicity as they are trying to raise with this Nikki/Mariah feud...don't care. I don't really like either of those gals anyway.

PirateLover
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Won't tune in. Allowed hubby to delete it from the DVR. I watched a few clips on the internet. Nikki is so annoying.

i'm grumpy
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I've barely watched and wouldn't be now if Keith wasn't on there.

joonyer
01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Watching Duck Dynasty re-runs is way more entertaining.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately my wife clogs up the dvr with this garbage. Only season I can claim to have seen a decent amount of, was the Taylor Hicks season. I think I may have seen some of the Jordan Sparks season as well, but that's it, unless I happen to walk into the room and she's got it on.

I thought I read that the season premier drew the lowest ratings of any of the seasons thus far. But, as long as it remains such a huge cash cow for FOX, we'll be stuck with it.