PDA

View Full Version : Bad move, good move or smart move

Airblue1
01-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Ok, if I'm wrong, I apologize.
I want a Le Cellier burger. I have a 2 yr old. She would be fine, she would love a character breakfast. So we decided to stack our ressie's. Now I know I am going to be voted out of my burger.
So I'm thinking take the reservation, sit down, order two burgers, apologize to the server, but I really have to go and ask her to wrap the burgers in to go boxes.
What do u guys think?????
Can it be done??????

hauntedmansiongirl
01-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Wow! You must really want that burger! :mickey:

I think that what you are proposing is possible on the Le Cellier side, but are you then planning on taking the burger into the Character meal? I'm not sure if anyone would say anything to you or not.

Let us know what you decide to do! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
01-15-2013, 07:57 AM
So you would pay for the burgers, then go to a character lunch, and pay there too? They won't let you sit there and not order a meal, let alone eat food you brought in???
I believe almost all character meals are buffets and you must pay for everyone sitting at the table (unless under 2).
Now if you just want the burgers for lunch, (are they really that good?) after the character breakfast, then I would take the reservation, tell the CM that you are unable to stay, but want to order burgers (that way someone else scores a reservation as a walk up), pay and leave....not sure what the harm is in that. You will have to eat them outside on a nearby bench.
:confused:

BigRedDad
01-15-2013, 08:07 AM
I am sure you can do it, but you will be paying for lunch twice. With the overly priced meals already, I wouldn't do it. There is no food anywhere on Disney property worth $25 and then another $25.

BrerGnat
01-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Looks like your burger is going bye-bye, starting tomorrow.

See the Disney Parks Blog story HERE. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/canadas-le-cellier-steakhouse-at-epcot-goes-to-all-day-menu/)

SBETigg
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
You have a two year old. Character breakfasts are fun but is the two year old going to know what she's missing or care? Disney trips are about you, too. Not everything has to be child-oriented, unless the two year old can't sit for a meal without distraction of characters-- which, at two, I think they're more interested in their parents and how the parents are interacting with them than characters. My advice, take the me time now and get your Le Cellier meal because when you go back and she's older, it will be even more about her.

But otherwise, can it be done. Yes, depending on your server. When I started feeling very unwell at a Jiko meal, they wrapped our meals and let us take them to go. It was an unusual circumstance and they were very accommodating. I don't think I would ever plan a meal that I knew I was just going to take to go and deny others the pleasure of making their reservation at Le Cellier, though.

Airblue1
01-15-2013, 11:07 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOoooo

SBETigg
01-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Oh, I'm really sorry about the burgers. That is bad news for you. I never got to try the Le Cellier burger.

Mickey'sGirl
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
On another note ... you might take this as an opportunity to try the Grand Floridian Burger from the Grand Floridian Cafe. Simply an awesome burger. :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
01-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Looks like your burger is going bye-bye, starting tomorrow.

See the Disney Parks Blog story HERE. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/canadas-le-cellier-steakhouse-at-epcot-goes-to-all-day-menu/)

Wow, I didn't realize they were now 2TS for lunch. We don't use the DDP but could be a game changer for those that do.

Hammer
01-15-2013, 11:52 AM
On another note ... you might take this as an opportunity to try the Grand Floridian Burger from the Grand Floridian Cafe. Simply an awesome burger. :thumbsup:

Yes, it is and so is the Surf and Turf burger at the Turf Club at SSR. Very similar to the Grand Floridian burger, just topped with a different sauce, which gives you a different and equally tasty, burger experience :) .

Airblue1
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm down with change. Just cancelled my ressie for Le Cellier, O Canada:(((((

BrerGnat
01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm down with change. Just cancelled my ressie for Le Cellier, O Canada:(((((

There are plenty of good burgers out there. You'll find a suitable replacement.