PDA

View Full Version : transfering bags when changing hotels

Lindslou
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Hey all-

We are staying at the Swan in Sept. for the Food and Wine Festival. Problem is that we can't get one of the nights we want.. the first night. The Swan and Dolphin are booked solid for that night. We are considering staying at Carribean Beach for that one night. How would it work with transfering our luggage between the resorts? Would CB do this for us or would we have to do it ourselves via Disney buses?

Thanks for the help!

DizneyRox
01-14-2013, 06:26 AM
A while back I was told DIsney DOES NOT transfer to the Swan/Dolphin (they aren't Disney hotels). Swan/Dolphin WILL transfer to Disney resorts though.

Recently I heard a report that this was no longer true. Your question is probably best answered by the resort (bell services) themselves.

I don't believe luggage is not allowed on Disney transportation (DME is different and doesn't do resort to resort transportation)...

BigRedDad
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
After my resort changing experience, I do not plan on having WDW manage our luggage again for a resort change. If I change resorts, I will take my luggage and a cab over to the new resort while the family heads to the parks.

There were 8 of us and we were told it will take 2-3 hours. No big deal. 10 hours later after being in the parks and the kids needing to shower and change, none of our luggage had been delivered and we were told it was lost. To make a long story short, it was taken to the airport by DME (no clue why because we never checked the luggage for an airline). They had to go to air carrier to find it. Explain how the luggage was delivered without being checked. We finally got our bags around midnight just to have to have them picked up 6 hours later.

faline
01-14-2013, 08:56 AM
There were 8 of us and we were told it will take 2-3 hours. No big deal. 10 hours later after being in the parks and the kids needing to shower and change, none of our luggage had been delivered and we were told it was lost. To make a long story short, it was taken to the airport by DME (no clue why because we never checked the luggage for an airline). They had to go to air carrier to find it. Explain how the luggage was delivered without being checked. We finally got our bags around midnight just to have to have them picked up 6 hours later.

That's quite a mix-up!!

On the rare occasion, when we've changed resorts during a stay, we've just cabbed over to the new resort and taken the luggage with us.

DizneyRox
01-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't believe luggage is not allowed on Disney transportation (DME is different and doesn't do resort to resort transportation)...
Sorry too late for the edit, Luggage is NOT allowed on Disney Transportation. That sentence was a bit confusing, double negatives and all.

Lindslou
01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Sorry too late for the edit, Luggage is NOT allowed on Disney Transportation. That sentence was a bit confusing, double negatives and all.

Good to know!

We called and were told that luggage transer is not "guaranteed" to the Swan from a Disney hotel but that bell services may do it if we ask them. I think we'll just plan on cabbing it and if they say they'll take it then that will be a pleasant surprise.