PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner

mickeymom73
01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
We are surprising our kids wth a trip to WDW!! During our stay, DD will turn 14. looking for any suggestions for a birthday dinner for her.She loves Snow White, but I haven't found any meals with Snow White. Thanks foe the help:mickey:

AgentC
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Akerhus may have Snow White. They do not guarantee which princesses, but she has been there every time we have been.. There is a picture with Belle and 4 princess come to the table. For birthdays, they will bring a cupcake with a candle and a card signed by the princesses.

We have done a lot of birthdays at Disney but my children are younger. Does she still like other characters? Does she have any special foods that she likes?

There are many character meals that are fun for birthdays. We have also done tea at the Grand Floridian for a birthday. We really enjoyed it.

For atmosphere Prime Time Cafe or Sci FI Cafe may also be fun.

Hammer
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
14 could be an iffy age for going to a Princess meal. She may feel awkward around a lot of little kids. She may enjoy doing something more "grown-up" for her 14th birthday. Maybe a restaurant in World Showcase? I have teenage cousins and while they enjoy WDW, they do not want to eat with characters. They love eating in Japan (both restaurants), Mexico (both restaurants) and Italy.

Scrappy2
01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
If you decide to do something other than a character meal I would suggest O'hana. We went there in November for dinner and it was a wonderful experience. Food was great, atmosphere awesome. They had coconut races, hula lessons. Over all great place!!

buzznwoodysmom
01-20-2013, 02:12 PM
My kids have done various meals for their birthdays in WDW. When they were younger they liked character meals for their birthday. As they get older they ask for better food/more unique dining for their birthdays. My son is turning 13 on our trip next month and he wanted to spend his birthday in epcot. He picked Biergarten in Germany for his birthday meal.

Kairi_7378
01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
14 could be an iffy age for going to a Princess meal. She may feel awkward around a lot of little kids. She may enjoy doing something more "grown-up" for her 14th birthday. Maybe a restaurant in World Showcase? I have teenage cousins and while they enjoy WDW, they do not want to eat with characters. They love eating in Japan (both restaurants), Mexico (both restaurants) and Italy.

I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly regarding young teens and character dining. Normally, I'd say that this might be a great oppertunity to let your DD plan something for the trip but I see that the trip is a surprise. So cool! You might be able to go by what interests she has at the moment, or if there is a resort that she'd like the theming of. In addition to the restaurants that Christine has suggested, I'd recommend some of the resort restaurants such as Kouzzina, Artists' Point or Sanaa. We've had some great birthday experiences at all of these.

As for Snow White, be sure to visit her in Epcot. She has made my son's 3rd and 4th birthdays very special at character meet and greets.