PDA

View Full Version : Our magical day trip to DLR...

DisneyLandMomma
01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
So I had posted before about my DLR withdrawals before Christmas and my daughter and I ended up going the 18th and it was a disaster! LOL We ended up leaving later than I had wanted, it was rainy and cold when we got there, my daughter wasn't feeling very good, and really the bad start to our morning had just put us in a yucky mood. We really should've just stayed home but we went and just walked around. We didn't get on many rides and ended up leaving after a couple hours before the fireworks and snow. :(

So we knew we wanted to go again and this time with my hubby. We knew FOR SURE we would not go between Christmas and NYE, been there, done that, never again!! So decided to go after NYE, hoping the crowds would be gone by then. We chose the Friday the 4th since hubby was off. The crowds weren't as bad as they could've been but still pretty crowded. Again we got there a little late so by that time most fastpasses at DL were gone or for way later than we wanted to stay(hubby had to work the next day) so we didn't get to go on our favs like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones or Haunted Mansion. We did get to do single rider from Radiator Springs racers(less than an hour), it was so fun! Not our first time but glad we got to go on again. :) The three of us were really tired that day so I think we were ready to leave around 8pm. But before we left, we decided to come back on my hubby's next day off which was Wed the 9th, since our daughter doesn't start school until the 14th.

The day started off great...my daughter had a dentist appt that morning so we were able to head straight to DLR earlier than if we would've been coming from home. As soon as we got off the bus we noticed the low crowds...YAY, just what we wanted! We usually head straight to Space Mountain for our first fast pass and as soon as we walked into the park, someone hands us 3 FPs for SM available to use right then! YAY! So we head over and get another set of FP and hop in line! We ended up riding 3 or 4 times that day. We got to ride everything we wanted, except HM of course since it was closed. :( After awhile at DL, we head over to CA. As soon as we walk out of DL a lady asked if we were heading to CA and if we wanted some FPs to Radiator Springs Racers...they were getting ready to leave it the FP were still a few hours out! AWESOME!! Into CA we go and we make our tour around going on everything we want with little to no lines. Hubby and daughter ride Goofy's sky school before we head to CarsLand and someone hands them FP for that...amazing! Walking to CarsLand and someone overhears us and says the ride has been down most of the day...BUMMER! But we walk over anyway and just as were walking up, the open up the line! Its almost an hour wait and just as we get to the front, its down again but only for about 15, maybe 20 mins. We were sooo excited to finally ride at night! Since they closed at 8 tonight, we had just enough time to head back over to DL to ride Indiana Jones and Space Mountain one more time! :) Sooo much fuN! We said of course the day they close early is the day all over us still have energy and could've stayed later! LOL

Anyway, it was a great day!! We definitely got some FP karma from all the times we have gifted FP to people!! :) Our passes expire in March and we won't be renewing. Hubby works alternating shifts and with daughter back to school who knows when the three of us will have another day off together so it was probably the last time all three of us will go together before our passes expire. (hubby and I have date plans and i'm sure daughter and I will head down a couple more times before then) Soooo much fun!! :)

tinkwest
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
We were just there on the 10th and were able to enjoy the super low crowds as well. Most rides at Disneyland were posted as about a 15 minute wait except for Splash Mountain which had a 5 minute wait (!) due to the cold temps. And at DCA lines were also short, except for RSR and Toy Story Midway Mania which both ALWAYS have long lines.

I'm glad you got to have such a great day after your bummer December visit. We have learned that December is a great time to visit just to enjoy the decorations, the wonderful Christmas Fantasy Parade, the snow, and the special attractions such as it's a small world and Haunted Mansion. It is not a time to battle the ride lines.

DisneyLandMomma
01-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Wow! Sounds like a day really made a difference in crowds, Weds, they were low but not as low as Thurs sounded. Either way, it was amazing! Even the weather was perfect, warm during the day and not too chilly at night. :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention there were a lot of groups of people in suits...LOL And in one store, I heard someone mention something about being there for some ABC studio day(??). It also looked like they were going to be filming in CarsLand later that night with camera equipment and other large groups of "suits" standing around Maters ride specifically. Wonder what that was all about? :)

pdrlkr
01-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :thumbsup: :mickey: