PDA

View Full Version : DIning at POR

Crow
01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
hows the food court nowadays. probably just use in to refill mug, grab a bagel, danish in am, them mayb a snack late. and what about Boatwrights. i have TIW which says it works at Boatwrights and the River Roost lounge

darthmacho
01-13-2013, 03:37 PM
We ate there in 2010 and loved it. I don't want to over-sell it, but not only was it a pleasant surprise, but both DW and I agree it was the best meal, food-wise, of the 10-day trip.

I loved the food court. It was our "home base" for the trip when we needed a meal before or after the parks.

Itchy
01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
You should be able to get everything that you were looking for at the food court. It can get a little busy in the mornings.

As for Boatwrights we have eaten there once and enjoyed it very much. I would call it a hidden treasure.

Enjoy the moment and time you spend at POR.

Oh! try the carriage ride, it is a great experience for couples and family.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Crow
01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
might try the carriage ride..
ive only stayed there once..bad time since it was Sept 11. and i wasnt particulary impressed w it. but ill try it for the royal rooms for her, and i do like the boat to DD

Scott C
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The make your own omelet station in the am as well as the make your own pasta later in the day were very good.

Thanks
Scott c

debbymc4
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
We stayed there last weekend and ate at both Boatwrights and the Food Court. Our meals were good. The only downside for us is that they really stick to the Cajun theme, and we don't care for spicy food. It somewhat limited our options. It's the first resort I've visited that didn't have a nice salmon entree available in the food court.

Crow
01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
i like spicy.
but i do eat more at Epcot etc then the resort im staying at usually.
what did you have to eat

debbymc4
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
At the food court, the first night I had a pasta dish. Chicken, penne, veggies, and pesto sauce. You got to choose your own ingredients. The second night we ate at Boatwrights. I had a wonderful mahi over a green tomato ragout and a grit cake. Super yummy. I just had them leave the blackening off the fish. The third night was back to the food court with sliced turkey, mashed potatoes, and vegetables.

debbymc4
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh, and Boatwrights gives you a basket of cornbread for the table that is excellent.

AgentC
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I've always enjoyed the POR food court. It is probably my favorite. Lots of variety and a really nice atmosphere.

hauntedmansiongirl
01-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Riverside Mill is great. One of the best selections of all the food courts on property. We like that there is some seating outside as well- great people watching!

Boatwrights is pretty good. The desserts are just average but the mains are good.

The River Roost is amazing just for Yehaa Bob Wed-Sat. Make sure that you go and see him at least once. He is a fun and very talented piano man who gets the whole place going.

Also, don't forget that you can walk over to French Quarter and try their food court if you want something different. They have delicious warm and fresh beignets!

Have a great time! You'll love POR! :mickey: