PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

nicholsbears
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
:santa3:

Does anyone know approx. when they take down the Christmas decorations at WDW. Thinking about maybe going after the holiday this year (or next Jan.).
Thanks.

Capt_redshirt
01-13-2013, 02:07 PM
I could be wrong on this but i think they are down shortly after 3 kings day.... which was last week

AllDisney
01-13-2013, 06:32 PM
I think the decorations are taken down around the 3rd of January, but I am sure someone will come along that is more informed than I am:blush:

kbean
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I went on Jan 5th and the Parks still had em up. The resorts didn't. Hope that helps alil.

nicholsbears
01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks alot. So the resorts take the decorations down before the Epiphany. The gingerbread house at Floridian is one of my favorites.

ANG
01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm curious too. I've only ever been during fall and Christmas decor so I'm looking forward to seeing the "Everyday" decor.

Altair
01-14-2013, 09:18 PM
January 1, 2014 will be on a Wednesday, so I would guess they would be up through Sunday and start coming down Monday the 6th. Osbourn Lights and Castle Dream lights may end earlier. :mickey:

kbean
01-15-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks alot. So the resorts take the decorations down before the Epiphany. The gingerbread house at Floridian is one of my favorites.

Yeah even went to GF to show my friend the "House" and it was gone!!! But MK still had everything up and still turnt the castle lights on.

nicholsbears
01-16-2013, 11:55 AM
:elf:Thanks for the info. We went the week after Thanksgiving and got to see everything except the tree in Magic Kingdom. We left on 12/1 and they were filming the Christmas Parade special for TV that weekend; and don't put the tree up until after that. Also a tip for anyone going the first week in Dec. : that is Pop Warner Cheerleader week...they can be very obnoxious and annoying as a group (individually they all seem nice; but they get that "pack mentality" as a group). Ir they are staying at your resort; they take over.

gottaluvtink
01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
We were there the 5th through the 11th of January. We were very surprised to see the decorations up throughout most of our trip. The MK took their decorations down on the 9th but they were still up in all the other parks. Osborne Lights were still up but were only lit up through the 6th. The trees in the Animal Kingdom were the most fun.

CaptainSad
01-20-2013, 06:26 PM
I just returned from WDW. All decorations were down at the resorts. At DHS on the 16th they were almost done taking down the Osbourne lights. And at the MK on the 13th they still had the Castle lights up just for the Marathon runners.. Which was cool. And at the Emporium they still had Mickey's Christmas Carol scenes in the windows. They were down on the 17th.