PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody won a Disney vacation?

caryrae
01-13-2013, 10:05 AM
The Disney website is having a chance to win a Disney trip. They are giving a trip everyday of January. I don't expect to win anything but was wondering if anyone here has won a Disney trip?

Itchy
01-13-2013, 10:33 AM
The only thing I have won so far is sore fingers from typing in all of the info to register.:blush:

caryrae
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Yeah I hated that so now I use the auto fill thing, takes just a couple seconds to enter now instead of doing all the typing.

Itchy
01-13-2013, 10:51 AM
If I win it will be worth all of the pain and suffering. :thumbsup:

It would be like a snowball in H---.:thedolls:

But who knows....:D

SBETigg
01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I won a Disney trip from a radio station in November 2001. They were trying to get people comfortable with traveling again after 9/11. It was four nights at Port Orleans Riverside, for four people, with plane fare, park tickets, and $400 spending money. We extended our stay for an extra three nights. It was the first trip for my kids, then 10 and 8, and the only way we could afford to take them that first time, so we were very grateful.

BrerGnat
01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
I've never won a thing in my life.

I'm due.

:mickey:

Tink1
01-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Did you know ......

Ian won a night in the castle?

:beat:

:laughing:

Nanc

TiggeRia
01-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I keep trying...you guys will be the first to know if I win!! :)

Jeri
01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
I won a trip in 2005. It was for 4 nights 5 days, plane tixs, park hoppers, $500.00 gift card.
The contest was from Kelloggs and Disney. The local grocery store had a entry form in the ads and I looked up the rules and you could hand write entries and mail them in so I sent 6 extra.
I had actually forgot about it till Fed-Ex showed up with all the forms.

The nice part was the contest said it was Moderate accommodations but they actually put us at the Poly, with a theme park view!!:cloud9:

caryrae
01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
I won a Disney trip from a radio station in November 2001. They were trying to get people comfortable with traveling again after 9/11. It was four nights at Port Orleans Riverside, for four people, with plane fare, park tickets, and $400 spending money. We extended our stay for an extra three nights. It was the first trip for my kids, then 10 and 8, and the only way we could afford to take them that first time, so we were very grateful.

I won a trip in 2005. It was for 4 nights 5 days, plane tixs, park hoppers, $500.00 gift card.
The contest was from Kelloggs and Disney. The local grocery store had a entry form in the ads and I looked up the rules and you could hand write entries and mail them in so I sent 6 extra.
I had actually forgot about it till Fed-Ex showed up with all the forms.

The nice part was the contest said it was Moderate accommodations but they actually put us at the Poly, with a theme park view!!:cloud9:

That's pretty cool. Does winning stuff like this affect taxes or anything like if you where to win money?

TinkerbellT421
01-13-2013, 08:11 PM
That's pretty cool. Does winning stuff like this affect taxes or anything like if you where to win money?

I believe so. I won tickets to a concert and they made me fill out a tax form, in the event I won more than $500.00 worth of anything I had to pay taxes on it.

Caroleh
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
I won a trip to WDW in 2005 for traveling in 2006 from McDonald's. it was for 4 nights, 5 days, park tickets with park hoppers and travel. They put us up at GF. I had never been to WDW and really never thought I'd like it...now we own a DVC. BTW, I still try to win another trip, but I don't think it'll ever happen!!:blush:

SBETigg
01-13-2013, 10:36 PM

We had to pay taxes on a percentage of the estimated total amount of what we won, yes. It was a bit of an unpleasant extra at tax time, but still so worth it.

c&d
01-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Did you know ......

Ian won a night in the castle?

:beat:

:laughing:

Nanc

I never heard that :rolleyes:

Jeri
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM

Yeah, I had to pay taxes on it. They sent me a 1099 form and I had to claim the total amount as income on my taxes. It didn't make a huge difference, but a bit.

My husband always says "There is no such thing as a FREE trip."

PopPhan
01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
I keep entering, but have little hope of winning.

It WOULD be nice, however, if they pulled my name on Sunday -- my birthday!! LOL What a present THAT would be! :D

I have won other things -- An XBox 360 in Pepsi's "Win One Before You Can Buy One" contest a few years back; a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB from My Coke Rewards (had to pay taxes on that one!); other small items like coolers, concert tickets, Mickey Ear Hat(s) from the Year of a Million Dreams postcard promotion (I have 3 or 4 of these!!)

"You gotta play to win!!" :D

Wolf
01-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I keep entering, but have little hope of winning.

It WOULD be nice, however, if they pulled my name on Sunday -- my birthday!! LOL What a present THAT would be! :D

Ahh we have the same birthday!!! You can have the sunday win, I'll take the saturday win! :mickey:

brownie
01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Not yet :D

roses
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I get excited everytime I see the FedEx truck. Nada yet - I believe they are just being coy so that people don't realize I've won and get jealous.... :D

TikiGoddess
01-19-2013, 09:54 AM
I won a trip to WDW through a Disney podcast. It was 6 nights at WL (concierge level), dining plan, 10 day parkhoppers, and airfare. They also included some 'pluses' like gift cards for my girls (then ages 5 and 7), time with a Disney photographer on the lawns near the castle, a private viewing area for Illuminations, and dinner with the podcast host.

It was the best trip we've ever had. We did have to pay taxes on the trip but it was much less than we would have paid for the trip overall.

Kathy

marlyn
01-19-2013, 12:05 PM
We don't pay taxes on things we win in Canada. Lottery winnings are tax free. I wonder if we would have to if we won the WDW trip?

roses
01-19-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm assuming you would since the product you are winning is based out of the United States - and we tax everything :shake: