PDA

View Full Version : Double The Celebration Part 6

Beach Club Babe
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Our flight home was at 9:05 AM. I have never flown out of Orlando so early before. I don't think I will try that again. The only reason I chose this flight was that it was so incredibly cheap, I couldn't pass it up, but I digress. Our Magical Express pick up was scheduled at 6:15 AM, so we were downstairs by 5:45 and checked our bags. At 6:00 I was at the gift shop grabbing two last minute items. I was definitely the first customer of the day, as I popped in just after the gate opened. We then went outside to wait for the bus. It arrived about 10 minutes late and then we made two more stops at Pop and Coronado Springs. When we arrived at the airport we stopped to grab some doughnuts at Crispy Creme then headed toward security. The lines were absolutely incredible and by the time we made it to our gate we only had a few minutes before boarding began! That was a little too close for me!

Meanwhile, back on Disney property in our room at Art of Animation, Courtney was just finishing packing up her belongings and checking them with Bell Services. She would not have a ride back to Melbourne until Jason was finished with work. She had been undecided on what to do with her solo day, but that morning she was feeling Animal Kingdom. After a quick bite, she was on her way. While there, she managed to ride Kilimanjaro Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur. She walked both Pangani and Maharajah. Then saw Festival of The Lion King and because she still had time saw Finding Nemo twice! That is her favorite show on property. After her lovely day, Jason picked her up back at Art of Animation and the two had dinner at Earl of Sandwich. Lucky!!! On their way back to Melbourne they stopped in IKEA to pick up a few things for their house now that one of their roommates moved out.

As for us, we departed roughly on time and my parents were waiting in Baggage Claim when we arrived back in Philly. Another two hours and we were at last home. I would be making this drive back to the Philly airport in two days to pick Courtney up for her 2 week visit with us!

vizsla
01-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Orlando airport often has such long lines to get through security. Glad you make your flight all right now.

How nice that Courtney got home just two days later!

January-2007
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks for reporting!

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Departure day always stinks especially when leaving do early..
Thanx for sharing your trip with us, as usual I always enjoy reading about your trips! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation, I enjoyed being along for the ride!

princessgirls
02-05-2013, 10:50 AM
A great vacation Heather!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Julie:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
02-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Good trip. Ended much better than it began. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us.:thumbsup: