PDA

View Full Version : FW cabins tips

Crow
01-12-2013, 10:58 AM
just changed res from WL to FW Cabins for 2 nights...in all my trips ive never stayed here.
any tips. i have gone to the buffet there and walked from there to WL.
i probably wont have a car either so need bus thoughts. what about refillable mug refills. also never went to HDD. if i get groceries delivered will they bring them to the cabin and is the kitchen area adequate for light meals cooked.

faline
01-12-2013, 07:18 PM
The cabins have a full kitchen which include a full sized refrigerator, dish washer, oven and range, microwave, coffee maker pots, pans, utensils etc.

Some folks don't like staying in the cabins due to the need to take two types of transporation to get from point a to point b. I never minded it but it does require a bit more patience. You need to take an internal bus from your cabin to another point in order to transfer to transportation to your park of choice.

Refillable mugs are a bit of a challenge at Fort Wilderness as you need to get on a bus to get to a spot where you can have them refilled. On the other hand, you can stow a lot of soda in your refrigerator for less than the cost of the refillable mug.

Hoop De Doo is a real hoot! The jokes are extremely corny - so corny they are funny. We haven't been for a while but it is certainly lots of fun. Over time, I have spoken to a few folks who did not like this show but that group has been VERY small in number. I've spoke to MANY more folks who absolutely love this show. Food served is comfort food (fired chicken, beans etc) - not great - but the real focus is the entertainment - not the food.

I'm not sure grocery deliver services were available back in the days when we stayed in the cabins so I can't help you with how this works.

If you want to be near a pool, I'd suggest asking for a location close to the quiet pool. We stayed within walking distance of that pool and found the location ideal for our purposes.

Disney1977
01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
We have stayed at the cabins several times and really enjoy them. We had groceries delivered, they came before we even arrived and were inside the cabin. The cabins have a full kitchen which is great for cooking. I would bring salt and pepper, disposal coffee mugs and plastic drinking cups. Don't use the glass mugs in the cabins for coffee/tea because they will break.

We have never used the refillable mugs, but I know that it is a long ride/walk to refill them. We had lunch one day at the main pool and everyone's meal was terrible. We will never eat their again. My children really enjoyed the breakfast at Trail's End. And make sure to go to the nightly camp fire sing along which is behind the Meadows Trading Post. You can buy a s'mores kit there for about six dollars.

We really like loop 2500, it is near the quiet pool and a bus stop.

Have a great trip.

Crow
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
thanks...out of all my 19 or 20 trips i still have some firsts, staying at the cabins will b one.
at least we will see how she cooks...