PDA

View Full Version : Available Ressies

Harkleroad
01-11-2013, 09:58 PM
We typically travel the first week of October and book all our dinner reservations 180 days out. Some are really hard to get (Ohana's, Chef Mickey's). We have decided to take another trip this year the first week of June. I just booked and am looking for dinners. There are tons of available slots for many of the popular places. Is this the norm for that time of year? Just wondering how important reservations are for that week. Thanks.

Strmchsr
01-12-2013, 08:05 AM
ADRs are still important for every part of the year. What you're seeing is the result of the credit card requirement to book ADRs. A LOT of folks used to double-book. People would book 2-3 ADRs for every meal and then not show up for the one they didn't want. Once Disney required credit card holds for the popular places it's amazing how easy it's become to get an ADR even at some of the popular places. They still fill up, but not quite as quickly.

c&d
01-14-2013, 09:00 AM
We always go in April and I always made my ADR's right at the 180 mark. This year I forgot and I was able to get all the restaurants I wanted, LeCellier, Ohana's. I think that cc deposit is great and has really opened up the availability.

Strmchsr
01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Le Cellier now being a 2 TS restaurant and MUCH more expensive at lunch and dinner has also made it a fairly easy ADR now instead of being almost impossible like it used to be.

DANAM
01-24-2013, 12:00 AM
We have been that week several time. There maybe availability now but the closer you get the harder it is to get them. I tried this past year to move some stuff around and there was No availability at 'Ohana or Le Cellier the entire 9 days we were there. I tried 3 times a day. I was happy I booked 180 days out.

MOJoe
01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
The end of May, first of June is my usual time to visit the world. And if you are asking is it possible just to "wing it", that is, make no plans and just eat wherever. I would say you can. I have missed many ADR's, but was always able to find a TS meal somewhere.
But if you are asking if you can eat at any place at any time, then the answer is no. If you want to eat at a certain place on a certain day, you need to get an ADR. Certainly for the more popular restaurants.