PDA

View Full Version : New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot with New Hours

Figment!
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

by Pam Brandon,Disney Parks Food Writer
The Official Disney Parks Blog
January 11, 2013

What a treat! The big, new Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles at the France Pavilion opens each morning at 9 a.m. – ahead of the 11 a.m. opening of World Showcase – so you can sip a latte with a chocolate croissant to start the day . . . or a cappuccino with a chaussons au pomme (apple turnover) . . . or an espresso with an éclair. And that’s just a taste of the expansive new menu that offers classic French goodies all day long.

The new bakery is “at least 10 times” larger than the former sweet shop, says manager Eric Weistroffer, which soon will become and Glacier, an ice cream shop. Located in the space adjacent to the France movie theater exit, Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles offers sweets, soups, sandwiches, salads and authentic French dishes such as quiche, Croque Monsieur (grilled ham and cheese) and pissaladiere, the pizza-like dish from the South of France, this version with tomatoes, olives and Gruyère.

The Lyonnaise salad is another classic, with frisee, bacon, eggs, croutons and light vinaigrette. Add pumpkin soup or lobster bisque for a satisfying meal. Plenty of choices are on the Disney Dining Plan.

You can imagine the wonderful aromas with French artisan bakers in the beautiful onstage bakery. Grab a seat in the courtyard and watch the world go by as you sip a Champagne and share a cheese plate and baguette. La vie est belle (life is beautiful)!

SBETigg
01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Open at nine! I'm excited about the bakery, which looks good and much larger than the old one (which is becoming an ice cream parlor, also cool). But that they're opening for breakfast is a surprise to me and really great news.

Melanie
01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Got pics of it yesterday up on our Twitter feed. It's huge!!! Although now it looks a bit more like a cafeteria than a quaint bakery. ;)

I resisted buying anything. Maybe tomorrow. :D

Aurora
01-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Yum! The only thing that would make this better is a back entrance from the Boardwalk. ;)

Tekneek
01-11-2013, 09:37 PM
So, how would you get to it when World Showcase is roped off early in the morning?

VWL Mom
01-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Open at nine! I'm excited about the bakery, which looks good and much larger than the old one (which is becoming an ice cream parlor, also cool). But that they're opening for breakfast is a surprise to me and really great news.

I wonder if that's a permanent opening time or just while Boardwalk Bakery is closed?

roses
01-12-2013, 09:43 AM
That sounds like a fabulous spot to have breakfast in the morning! :D

Figment!
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Mel's Pictures on our Twitter feed, in case anyone missed them:

(http://twitpic.com/bu2sgq)Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles 1 (http://twitpic.com/bu2sgq)

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles 2 (http://twitpic.com/bu2sdh)

antngoof89
01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
The new location looks awesome! I just hope I can actually get some decent service when I go in to try out any new pastries they may have. The last few times I have been to this bakery I have gotten very poor customer service. Only venue on Disney property I've had this issue with.

Aurora
01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
So, how would you get to it when World Showcase is roped off early in the morning?

The walkway from the International Gateway is open through the United Kingdom, Canada and the rose garden to Future World for people entering that way. It would be easy enough to move the rope at the bridge to France back far enough to enter the bakery.

faline
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Very cool!! The old bakery was a favorite breakfast spot of ours in the days when all of Epcot (including World Showcase) opened at 9 a.m. At that time of the morning, the area was mostly deserted (which probably led to the later opening time of World Showcase) making it a lovely place to linger and eat.

magicofdisney
01-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm so excited to see this. However, I too enjoyed the quaintness of the old shop. It could be impossibly crowded at times, but it was so charming. I'm sure I'll get used to this, simply because I LOVE the desserts! :tasty:

Dopey's Girl
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
I can't wait to check it out. The bakery has always been a favorite of mine. Can't wait for a ham and cheese croissant this week!!

cer
01-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone, the new bakery is lovely. My husband and I had lunch there on Saturday. Just like the one before, they have two identical lines operating, so when you get to the main case, you can go either left or right and get the same items. When we were there it appeared that everyone was not aware of this as the line to the left was much longer than the line to the right.

Seating is tight, so be aware of this if you want to sit at a table. They do have standing bars to eat from, but these were not really being used and just sort of strange to eat at, so be on the lookout for a table and clear out quickly when you're done so other folks can sit, too.

I think it is a definite improvement over the the dark and cramped bakery before, but they could take in that whole shopping area for seating and I have no doubt that it would be utilized.

Melanie
01-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah, the seating is exactly the same. Tables indoors and the 7 or 8 little tables outside. The only space increase is in the bakery itself.

I checked it out three times over the past weekend. Saturday afternoon was a ZOO, and we didn't attempt to try anything. Sunday morning, while my hubby was running 26.2 miles, I was enjoying a wonderful strawberry tart (have no idea what the 'official' name is). Man, it was good! I felt kinda guilty enjoying that little piece of heaven while he was running. Kinda. :thedolls: I'm generally a huge fan of any of the tarts available at WDW.

I'd suggest going first thing in the morning if you want to get in while it's uncrowded and you're able to really look over the offerings and find good seating.

Sylvia
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Looks like another good choice for lunch/dinner, along with the Norway bakery. I may never have a CS burger or chicken sandwich in EPCOT again.

darthmacho
01-18-2013, 03:59 PM

That sounds awesome, but I bet it will be really crowded in the mornings! It's also a long walk back to Soarin' so it's best to pick up a fastpass on the way there! ;)

DisneyorBust
01-19-2013, 06:52 AM
DW and I area really looking forward to enjoying a breakfast there on our upcoming trip. And a lunch or two as well!

Katzateer
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
We were just there - the display of food is so beautiful I wanted to try one of everything! The sandwiches all looked good but I just got a chocolate eclair :cloud9:.

Plenty of seating- a little crowded ( tables close to each other) but with the inside and outside tables, lots of seats.

And I liked the location - to the back and left side of gift shop.

jonahbear2006
01-19-2013, 12:15 PM
sad, i forgot to go in there. Something about ending the Goofy challenge in the world showcase really didnt appeal to browsing there later in the week and I totally forgot about it.

DreamFinder2
01-19-2013, 02:37 PM
So, how is the old bakery space being used, now?

azcavalier
01-20-2013, 09:59 AM
So, how is the old bakery space being used, now?

I read somewhere that it will be converted to an ice cream parlor.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Looks like another good choice for lunch/dinner, along with the Norway bakery. I may never have a CS burger or chicken sandwich in EPCOT again.

OMG! You seriously eat burgers in Epcot with all the cool cs places in the showcase?!?! :jaw:

I thought only Epcot newbies did that . . . :funny:

DizneyFreak2002
01-27-2013, 05:53 PM
OMG! You seriously eat burgers in Epcot with all the cool cs places in the showcase?!?! :jaw:

I thought only Epcot newbies did that . . . :funny:

When you are with picky eaters who will never ever try any kind of food out of their comfort zone, you are stuck with terrible hamburgers in a theme park LOL...