PDA

View Full Version : no more "no expiration" tickets for sale?

LoriSan
01-11-2013, 10:01 AM
The DW website does not give you the "no expiration" option. Has it gone away?

faline
01-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't see this option on the Disney site either. I had heard a rumor they were going to do away with the no-expiration option but had not heard they had operationalized this. I don't know whether this is an oversight on the Disney site or they are no longer offering this option.

caryrae
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
They still have them on the sponsor's site.

Edit: I just tried and was given the option to choose non-expire.

DizneyFreak2002
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Supposedly you can still get the option if you call...

caryrae
01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
You don't have to call, you still get the option to add no expiration on the Disney website just check the box.

BrerGnat
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
You don't have to call, you still get the option to add no expiration on the Disney website just check the box.

It's not an option on the "new" My Disney Experience site.

It says: All ticket days must be used within 14 days of first use.

The only options you can add are:

Park Hopper Option

Water Park Fun and More Option

Or, both of the above.

The No Expiration option is gone.

I had heard they were phasing these out. They don't like losing money when people purchase these and use them over multiple trips. Disneyland's park hopper tickets have always expired 14 days from first use. It's not new to Disney, just WDW.

caryrae
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
I guess I didn't know they were talking about the my Disney experience site, I thought when they said the DW website they meant the Disney website.

BrerGnat
01-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I guess I didn't know they were talking about the my Disney experience site, I thought when they said the DW website they meant the Disney website.

Can you still access the old WDW site? I can't.

When I type in www.waltdisneyworld.com, it sends me to the new site. I have no option to go to the old one...

Maybe that's the difference in tickets offered.

caryrae
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I type in www.disney.com and it takes me to the site old site I guess where you can still buy tickets with the no expiration option. I didn't even know about the new site. It does have a button on the top of the website you put to take you to disney.com then if you click parks and travel, then price my vacation, it takes you to the old way to buy tickets and get rooms.

BrerGnat
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I type in www.disney.com and it takes me to the site old site I guess where you can still buy tickets with the no expiration option. I didn't even know about the new site. It does have a button on the top of the website you put to take you to disney.com then if you click parks and travel, then price my vacation, it takes you to the old way to buy tickets and get rooms.

You found the loophole! Honestly, that is really screwed up. When I did it, it redirected me to the MOBILE site, and then I had to click on "book your WDW vacation" and THEN I was able to see the old ticket page.

However, seeing those prices...jeez! People really pay $27/day to add on the no expiration??? That's insane! On a 10 day hopper, that's almost as much as the base ticket price...

caryrae
01-11-2013, 04:41 PM
However, seeing those prices...jeez! People really pay $27/day to add on the no expiration??? That's insane! On a 10 day hopper, that's almost as much as the base ticket price...

That's what I thought when I looked at the 10 day tickets. $338 for a 10 day base ticket and $631 with no expire added that's including taxes.

Patricia
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I sure miss the old "never expire" feature on all WDW tickets. Those were the days.. :(

Tekneek
01-11-2013, 09:03 PM
That's what I thought when I looked at the 10 day tickets. $338 for a 10 day base ticket and $631 with no expire added that's including taxes.

Which is about the price of an annual pass. WDW ticket pricing is insane.

VWL Mom
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
If your interested in the no exp option, our sponsor The Official Ticket Store still is selling them too. It's almost a $50 savings per ticket and pricing can be found here (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/Disney-Non-Expiration-Tickets.aspx).

Dopey's Girl
01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
A friend just told me that another site is reporting this is going away effective immediately...might have to consider buying on from Official Ticket Center now to save for when I don't have the AP. I can see why they are doing it, but it still makes me more than a little crazy.

As much as I love WDW, they are really making it harder and harder on the average family to visit and that makes me really, really sad.

Tinker-Brendie
01-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Hello, fellow Intercot fans!

I have a question...
My friend is planning a WDW trip and would like to add one day to each of three seven-day no expiration MYW tickets that have three days left on each ticket. In light of the fact that the "no expiration" feature is going away, can she add one day to a "no expiration" seven-day ticket for the approximately $11 per ticket difference between a standard seven-day and an eight-day MYW ticket? Or must she add one "no expiration" day for almost $38 per ticket?
Also, is it true that you can add to your tickets at your hotel's guest services?

I love Intercot because I can always count on a thoughtful, informed reply to my questions.

THANK YOU in advance for your reply...

emerzmom
01-15-2013, 11:46 AM
That new My Disney Experience website is really messed up. I have been trying to use it for over a week to make more ADR's for my trip with no luck. It keeps freezing my computer. URG!!!!
:tink:
Julie

BrerGnat
01-15-2013, 12:26 PM
That new My Disney Experience website is really messed up. I have been trying to use it for over a week to make more ADR's for my trip with no luck. It keeps freezing my computer. URG!!!!
:tink:
Julie

Try the mobile site.

m.disneyworld.com

It's not changed over to the "new" site yet. You can make an ADR here easily. You can do it on your smartphone or computer.

PopPhan
01-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Hello, fellow Intercot fans!

I have a question...
My friend is planning a WDW trip and would like to add one day to each of three seven-day no expiration MYW tickets that have three days left on each ticket. In light of the fact that the "no expiration" feature is going away, can she add one day to a "no expiration" seven-day ticket for the approximately $11 per ticket difference between a standard seven-day and an eight-day MYW ticket? Or must she add one "no expiration" day for almost $38 per ticket?
Also, is it true that you can add to your tickets at your hotel's guest services?

I love Intercot because I can always count on a thoughtful, informed reply to my questions.

THANK YOU in advance for your reply...

I may be wrong about this, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am, but I do not believe that you can add to ANY ticket once you are past the 14 days from first usage date.

TinkerbellT421
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I may be wrong about this, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am, but I do not believe that you can add to ANY ticket once you are past the 14 days from first usage date.

You can add on to a "no expiration" ticket at any point, as long as, there is atleast one day remaining.

Direct from WDW website.

Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A.
Yes. Magic Your Way theme park tickets that are valid and unexpired can be upgraded before their first use or within a 14-day window after they are first used. If you have purchased the No Expiration Option, the tickets can be upgraded as long as they have remaining admissions.

Upgrades may include adding more days or adding any combination of options, including:

Park Hopper Option
Water Park Fun & More Option
No Expiration Option
Ticket upgrades must be made in person at any of the following locations at Walt Disney World Resort:

Ticket windows at theme parks and water parks
Concierge desks at Disney Resort hotels
Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Area

I do not know if Disney axing out no-expiration will have any effect on existing no-expiration that are out there.

roses
01-16-2013, 12:04 PM
I always use my tickets up on my trip, never have any left over days. So, this really doesn't affect me. I did however like when your options (mini golf, water parks) stayed on the ticket, I was fortunate enough to use one of those a few vacations later when I found the ticket!

Aurora
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
You found the loophole! Honestly, that is really screwed up. When I did it, it redirected me to the MOBILE site, and then I had to click on "book your WDW vacation" and THEN I was able to see the old ticket page.

it's still economical. We've gotten many 10-day no expiration tickets in the past to pay for days on future trips, even as the cost of the no-expiration option has risen. Since Disney raises ticket prices every year, if you're only going to the parks for three or four days per trip and only visiting WDW yearly or every other year, you're definitely saving money on tickets by the third trip.

But the bigger advantage to such a ticket is the value of the cost per day even on the first trip. If I buy a three-day base ticket with no add-ons, my cost per day is $80. On a 10-day, no-expiration park hopper with water park option, my cost for the first three days is only $67 per day.

Just a few days ago I said I hoped, but was not hopeful, that Disney wouldn't faze out the no expiration, but I could see the writing on the wall with these wristbands.

Aurora
01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
I always use my tickets up on my trip, never have any left over days. So, this really doesn't affect me. I did however like when your options (mini golf, water parks) stayed on the ticket, I was fortunate enough to use one of those a few vacations later when I found the ticket!

We still have SIX water park days left on old tickets. I expect those will last us for awhile. :D

Aurora
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Just a few days ago I said I hoped, but was not hopeful, that Disney wouldn't faze out the no expiration, but I could see the writing on the wall with these wristbands.

Ewwww, I meant PHASE out. I'm sure Disney's not fazed by this at all. :)

DisneyFan1979
01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
We visit once a year and usually buy a 10-day no expire park hopper every other year. Budget wise it makes every other trip cheaper because we'll have paid for our tix the year before and it also helps us in terms of planning: we have relatives in the area, so we often unexpectly miss a day or 2 at the parks to visit them. It will kind of stink to have to guess in advance now how many days we'll use.

mechanic
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Yet, no official word that its going away? Been seeing comments that its removed from menu because guests find it confusing, and buy it when they shouldn't. I am doubting that, but maybe...

With new prices its not as good of a deal anyway unless you add on wp and more option also.

mdricks
01-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I go on a guys weekend trip that uses 2-3 days of park tickets per year. We have one AP holder that goes as well so we do room only.

I have always bought a 10day hopper no-ex about every 4-5 years or so and used that for this trip. Has saved me a ton over the yeras.

For example, today, a 2 day park hopper is about 300 bucks. 10 day no expiration is 700.

That’s buy 5 days get 5 free and that at todays' prices. Who knows what they will charge next year?!?

I still have 7 days on mine from last year but I still intend to get another one and put it away.

:number1:

BrerGnat
01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Yet, no official word that its going away? Been seeing comments that its removed from menu because guests find it confusing, and buy it when they shouldn't. I am doubting that, but maybe...

With new prices its not as good of a deal anyway unless you add on wp and more option also.

I'm not sure you'll ever see an "official word" on this from DIsney. It's not like they are going to release a statement saying they got rid of the option. Best to just make it disappear.

It has been removed from the "newer" version of Disneyworld.com. You can no longer purchase a ticket with this option online. It has been removed from physical menu boards at WDW. At this point, it's probably safe to say that these will only exist as long as ticket re sellers have them in stock, and once they are gone, they are gone.

Disney recently did this at Disneyland with the multi day hoppers. Used to be, you could purchase up to a 7 day park hopper. They recently got rid of 6 and 7 day hoppers and now you can only buy up to a 5 day ticket. They didn't make a big deal about it. It just quietly went away. Of course, there has been a huge stink about it in the online communities, but Disney had no "official" word on the subject.