PDA

View Full Version : Hey, there! It's been a long time!

GoofyFan
01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Soooo... our last WDW vacation was in fall of 2003. We will be going again (yay!) this coming May. :mickey:

What some things you can think of that are definite do-not-miss attractions/restaurants/activities that weren't available during our last visit?

What are some things that have significantly changed for the better or worse?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!

Thanks!

faline
01-11-2013, 09:29 AM
You'll definitely want to check out the new Fantasyland area in the Magic Kingdom.

Turtle Talk in the Living Seas at Epcot is worth a viewing.

Expedition Everest is a must-do!

Toy Story Mania is another must-do.

Was the Winnie the Pooh ride there when you last went?

I'm sure there are lots of other changes but these are what come to mind at the moment.

You'll find also that there has been quite a few changes in dining options and establishments.

JerseyDad
01-11-2013, 09:41 AM
....Spaceship Earth in Epcot has been revamped with interactive touch screens and Jeremy Irons narration has been replace by Judi Dench (not a particularly wonderful thing in my opinion...the narration I mean)

....Soarin' in Epcot (a must)

....Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom (a must)

....Pirates of The Caribbean is revised with Johnny Depp added at 3 locations

....Teppan Edo is the remodeled Japanese restaurant formerly known as Teppanyaki in Epcot ...and is a must for us every trip.

...Via Napoli has been added in "Italy" and is now a "must have lunch there" spot for us

faline
01-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Also, the Haunted Mansion was revamped as well. Additionally, there is an interactive "graveyard" that is now part of the queue area.

luvkatiebug
01-11-2013, 02:45 PM
My family's favorites are Soarin' in Epcot and Test Track (which is now redone). We also love, love the new Toy Story Mania in the Studios. We are headed to the parks in July and can't wait to see all the new things in Fantasyland. Have a great trip!:mickey:

Lindsey310
01-11-2013, 06:20 PM
I happen to love spaceship earth and it has been revamped with a cool new ending.

Toy story mania, the new fantasyland (which I still have to see), via Napoli is a great place to eat and has become one of our faves, the new Mexico outside eating area is nice for a quick snack, yak and yeti and expedition Everest (was that there when you went??). :mickey: