PDA

View Full Version : Something Weird...

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
SO...something strange just happened and I wanted to both share it with you guys and also see if maybe anyone could explain.

I was sort of waiting to see what the AP discounts were going to be before I made our room reservation for our annual summer trip. I check out the Disney website pretty regularly to see if anything has been updated (I know it's a bit early still...just excited to book :) ). Today I thought I'd click on the 'new' My Disney Experience link to see what it was all about. I did, and put in my travel dates for a room only reservation. It quoted me (an obviously non discounted rate) $762 per night for an atrium standard club level room at the CR. Well, the last time I put my dates into the 'regular' Disney site (which was just a couple of days ago) the same room was 'only' $678 a night. I was pretty surprised with the price difference, so for kicks I went to the other 'older' link and put my dates in, and it was back to $678 per night! What the? That's a pretty big price discrepancy! I went back and forth...inputting the same info and kept getting the same price difference. So I guess I'm wondering if this is a Disney computer glitch? Did I catch the website during a price increase? Is my computer magical? (Obviously not or it would have been free...ha!) What the what??

Needless to say I booked the cheaper of the two rooms just in case they were planning on a price increase. I'll continue to check and see if an AP rate becomes available (fingers crossed) and rebook at that time.

Just a weird little story I thought may be interesting to everyone! Please feel free to move if this is the wrong forum!!

greengeen
01-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I was just commenting to my spouse that the prices look hinky on the new site! How do you get back to the old site??

roses
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
I had a similar issue, except the other way! The price was higher - come to find out - it had added the tickets twice! Not sure what is going on with the site, but I've been having quite a hard time getting the site to load.

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 07:29 PM
When you go to Disney.com, click on 'parks&travel' and then go right over to ''price your vacation'. It (currently) takes you to the 'old' way to make a reservation. If you click on 'parks&reservations', it will link you over to the new My Disney Experience.

Weird stuff!!

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I say jump and take advantage of their wonkiness in your favor!! HAHA

VWL Mom
01-09-2013, 08:27 PM
My curiosity got the best of me so I went and looked. The old site is quoting before tax and the new site is tax included. For Jul 11-17 both came to $4357.11 total when added to the cart. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

1DisneyNut
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
The two links are different systems and most likely on separate servers and probably using different databases. When they get the bugs worked out, they will kill the old link and system and transfer all of the data over to the new database.

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Well cut my legs off and call me shorty...you're right!!

That's what I get for having a glass of wine with dinner...I don't look at the small details.

Well played, Disney. Well played.

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Looks like I just looked at the 'per night' rate and didn't follow through to the 'total cost'.

It was nice while it lasted!! HA!!

Dopey's Girl
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm really not liking the new site. I check in to Pop in 6 days and have been trying to do online check in for at least 3 days. I get 2 steps into it, and it kicks me out. Last week it took me 3 days to log into the passholder site so I could renew my AP. If this is an indication of how $2 billion dollars is being spent on Next Gen, I'm less than impressed!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-10-2013, 08:35 AM
don't care for the new site just my:twocents:

Soph and Han's Mom
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Clearly lots of bugs to work out. I am not liking it too much either.

Having a hard time syncing my new room reservation with the smart phone app too...app doesn't recognize my conf #.

I like most of the new changes that they're implementing, but this whole website nonsense is irritating. Hopefully they'll get it ironed out soon.