PDA

View Full Version : transportation to Disney in absence of DME

Lindslou
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
We are staying at the Swan in September and I understand there is no DME when you stay at the Swan because it is not a Disney resort. Any suggestions for transportation options to Disney? We won't be renting a car so need a shuttle of some sort.

Thanks!!

Strmchsr
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Check out Quicksilver. They're an Intercot Sponsor. Just look on the link on the left under sponsors. I've heard a lot of great things about them.

Lindslou
01-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the help!

BrerGnat
01-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I'd recommend a town car service, as mentioned, or a simple taxi. It will cost the same either way, but a taxi will always be available and doesn't require making a reservation in advance. You go when you are ready.

Lindslou
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Interesting! I assumed a taxi would be more. Good to know, thanks!

BrerGnat
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Interesting! I assumed a taxi would be more. Good to know, thanks!

According to Quicksilver's page, the round trip fare between MCO and the Swan will be $115 (plus tip for the driver).

According to Mear's (which operates the taxis in Orlando), the fare each way is $55 (plus tip).

It's almost identical. If you would like a more intimate, luxurious experience, plus a 30 min grocery stop, Quicksilver is the way to go.

If you don't want to have to worry about booking in advance, or waiting on a driver if something goes wrong, use a taxi.

You can also book the Mears Shuttle bus, for $34 per person round trip. It's the cheapest option, but also the most annoying and time consuming.