PDA

View Full Version : 500th post & Pre Trip Report

emerzmom
01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
This is my 500th post. Honestly it seems like more :mickey: I really love the Intercot Discussion Boards whether I am planning a trip or just really missing my Mickey. Well, lucky me I am currently planning a trip. Since I realized I was about to hit my 500th post I thought I would post a pre trip report for the occassion.
Our trip is planned for March 1st-8th and we are staying at a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. I am renting points for the stay. My mom has not been to WDW in several years due to some health issues however she has been doing better the last few months and I thought I should seize the moment and get her to WDW while her health is good. I am also taking my DD. She is in her last semester of college so who knows what she will be doing by this time next year. Just a coincidence that she will be celebrating her 23rd birthday while we are there. Lucky girl...last year she celebrated her birthday at WDW.
I booked the trip the 1st of November however I decided to make this a Christmas surprise for both of them. It was sooooooooooooooo hard not to say anything to them about this trip but I did it. On Christmas morning after all the gifts were gone from under the tree I pulled out 2 boxes that I had hidden away. I told them I had one last little Christmas surprise for them. I had Mickey balloons in them that popped up when they opened their box. I had made up a vacation book for each one of them with pictures of the resort, places I had ADR's, Flower and Garden Fest pics, WDW busses, Monorail, Castle, etc. They were both VERY surprised and I my mom got very emotional and said "you have no idea how bad I need this"...which of course I do and that is why we are going!
I have lots of ADR's including O'hana's for my DD's Birthday dinner. My mom will need a scooter for the trip which she is not thrilled about but I told her we were going to make the best of it and have fun + she can carry all our stuff! ....and we are girls that like to bring a lot of stuff along because you never know when you might need it...right?
I am a huge baseball fan so I have convinced my mom and DD that attending a Spring Training game would be a blast. So we will be going to Kissimmee one day to see my beloved Astros (who will one day rise again!).
One last wonderful is that I have had problems with my right hip for years. (many years of sports) WDW days always ended with me on a heating pad and very sore. I had hip replacement surgery last fall and I feel FANTASTIC! This will be my first trip on my new hip and I can't wait!
I call my mom almost every week day morning on my way to work and say "It's only ___ more days until we go!" Then we talk about something fun we are going to do on our trip. What a great way to start each day!
Thanks for letting me share my pre-trip excitement on my 500th post on my favorite website!
Have a magical day!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
sounds wonderful

faline
01-09-2013, 06:34 PM
:mickey::thumbsup::mickey:

What a great trip you have planned! The 2-bedroom villas at Old Key West are HUGE!! I'll bet you'll love it!!

If your mom is using a scooter, be sure you ask for a ground floor room.

January-2007
01-16-2013, 01:07 PM
What a trip you have planned! Hope you all have a wonderful time!

BigRedDad
01-16-2013, 02:13 PM
We will be there most of that time too. Enjoy.