PDA

View Full Version : Least busy time during F&GF?

PopPhan
01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I have been to WDW during Halloween/Food and Wine Festival (F&WF) [late-Sept/early Oct] and Christmas seasons (week after Thanksgiving) and know that these are pretty slow times, but I have never been to WDW during the Flower and Garden Festival (F&GF)....

I know that this time period encompasses Easter and Spring Break, so I am wondering if there is a 'slower' time to visit during this period and when would that time be? I would prefer mid-April, but am afraid that this would be peak Spring Break time.

I would really like to take in the F&GF, but if it is too busy, I guess I can put off my visit until September (if at all this year).......

faline
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM
We typically go in May - shortly before the festival ends and have this a good time to enjoy the Flowers & Gardens.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
We've been a couple of times in early-mid May, and it has been quite good.

Crowds weren't too bad, weather was hot, but not too crazy and overall a good trip. I would go then, before anytime in April!

disneydeb
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
If you can go around the first week of May, we have found that is a lovely time to go!:mickey:

PopPhan
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the replies.....I guess May is the time, IF I can make the trip.

As always, INTERCOTees are the best! :thumbsup:

famlovesdisney
01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
We have been in April and had a wonderful vacation! The key is to make sure you are far enough away from Easter and all the spring breaks. We went two weeks after Easter in 2012 and the crowds were low, the weather was perfect, and we all had a wonderful time. Easter is March 31st this year so by mid April you should see crowds in the 4-5 range. Certainly not the 1-3 you will see in September but not awful! Enjoy your trip!:party:

MargaretMessler
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
We typically go in May - shortly before the festival ends and have this a good time to enjoy the Flowers & Gardens.

Intercot is full of exciting tidbits for me tonight! I am arriving on the 15th of May, so I will catch the final weekend of the F&G Festival! Yippee!