PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Villas

Gayle
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Hopefully late this fall, when might they be taking reservations. We are looking to come Jan 2,or 3rd 2014. thank you :mickey:

VWL Mom
01-08-2013, 06:07 AM
It's been rumored that reservations for GF point holders will open late summer 2013 and for all other DVC members fall 2013.

BrerGnat
01-08-2013, 08:45 AM
It's been rumored that reservations for GF point holders will open late summer 2013 and for all other DVC members fall 2013.

Are they even selling this property yet? How can they be forecasting reservations for GF point holders if there are NO GF point holders yet?

VWL Mom
01-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Are they even selling this property yet? How can they be forecasting reservations for GF point holders if there are NO GF point holders yet?

The model is expected to open in the spring at which time they'll start selling. From what I've been reading, there are quite a few people willing to buy this sight unseen. IMO if they held a presale now, they would sell.

MyDisneyworld
01-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I wonder how much per point those will run? I'm guessing at whatever rate they set it will still go fast. Hopefully they will build another resort off the monorail.

roses
01-12-2013, 09:02 PM
It seems as though the annual dues for BLT are the lowest, I wonder if these will trend the same?

VWL Mom
01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
It seems as though the annual dues for BLT are the lowest, I wonder if these will trend the same?

I think these dues may be higher than BLT because it's more spread out, it may also depend on what amenities they will offer. Private check-in and bell services will add to the p/p cost.

BLT dues went up a higher % than other resorts this year and in the breakdown they added the newly manned front desk.

But this is DVC we're talking about so who know. They may just charge an extreme per point cost to buy (rumors range as high as $200) and keep dues low to start.

BTW, I read that they first documents for approval to sell have been filed with occ so the process is underway.

Hammer
01-15-2013, 09:41 AM
I think these dues may be higher than BLT because it's more spread out, it may also depend on what amenities they will offer. Private check-in and bell services will add to the p/p cost.

BLT dues went up a higher % than other resorts this year and in the breakdown they added the newly manned front desk.

But this is DVC we're talking about so who know. They may just charge an extreme per point cost to buy (rumors range as high as $200) and keep dues low to start.

BTW, I read that they first documents for approval to sell have been filed with occ so the process is underway.

I agree with Lynn, but I'm also wondering is what will be the points per night cost for this resort. Will it be about the same as BLT, or will it be excessively higher (such as 15-20 points) per night?

Another question I have is if this is going to be available to all DVC owners at the 7 month mark? I could see DVC saying that only DVC points purchased through them get the 7 month mark here, and those with points purchased through resale have to wait until 6 months out. Didn't they already try something like this with the Member cruises?

I will not be happy if I can't at least try for a night or 2 at GFV at the 7 month mark because as nice as it will be, I'm not going to finance buying points that cost close to $200 each!

roses
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM

:jaw: That's a little excessive! I've been looking into buying resale from The Timeshare Store, I can't imagine paying over $200 a point!

VWL Mom
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
:jaw: That's a little excessive! I've been looking into buying resale from The Timeshare Store, I can't imagine paying over $200 a point!

I agree, I picked up some more VWL points over the summer for $55p/p, big difference! I wouldn't be surprised to see more resale restrictions before GF opens but who knows.

Horizon93
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't know if they could sell it at $200 per point. But I do think they will be high. The point chart should be very interesting as well.

tomatoe pie
01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
i really want this one:yay: but i can not imagine paying 200. pr pt.

it is going to be beautiful, elegant and on the monorail. what more can you ask for?:mickey:

we have been a little disappointed in blt. it seems so cold and unfriendly. i guess it is just too contemporary for my taste.:freeze: a lot of cement. the rooms are very nice tho. we spent christmas there in 2011 and were surprised to find that the decorations were not really christmasy. we were in an inside the curve room and almost all the rooms had christmas trees in the window (as we did) and that was terrific.:thumbsup: