PDA

View Full Version : Disney Property on the cheap

Gator
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I've heard that there are a few times a year that DL hotels are about 40% off rack rates. I'm planning on staying out here this year instead of the long haul to FL, so I'm very interested to find out when that usually happens. I've stayed in off-site hotels before, but it sure would be nice to do the Disney thing instead of non-Disney.

Carol
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Unlike WDW discounts are not announced very far in advance. I would suggest weighing the option of getting an Annual Pass. It allows for discounts for dining, shopping and accommodations.

You can get a Deluxe Pass for a lot less than a Premium.

It also depends on what time of year you go. January and February are great times to go but there are a LOT of rehabs during that time-span.

My favorite resort is the Grand Californian. That being said the other two are great. The Disneyland Hotel is so full of nostalgia.

I just returned from a stay at Paradise Pier and had a great time. They have a great lounge area for quick bites, as well as a wonderful full service restaurant. The rooms are very large. It's right across the street from the Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotel so everything is easily assessable.

I've only stayed off-site once, and that was only because I arrived on a Friday night and DVC points are much higher on Friday and Saturdays. I moved over to the property on Sunday.

Good luck.