PDA

View Full Version : TIW vs DDP in June

AirlineGuy07
01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
We are traveling in the beginning of June 8days/9nights and I'm trying to figure out what would better for us budget wise...TIW or DDP. We are pass holders for the first time so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can about TIW. I know it's $125.00 for myself plus I think $50.00 for my DW. We have two kids 5 and 8. Here are the table service restaurants we have ressies for.

'Ohana
Cape May Cafe
Crystal Palace
Fantasmic Dinner Package (Can't use TIW)
Garden Grill
Les Chefs de France
Le Cellier
T-Rex

With these restaurants mentioned what are your thoughts of which one to purchase? We will be eating our other meal of the day at a counter service and breakfast in our DVC villa.
Thanks!

TinkerbellT421
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
You only need one TiW card. One card is good for you and 9 guests (10 people total). So it would be only $125.00. Plus tiw is good for alcohol as well. I personally feel tiw is a better value. As 20% tippers, it forces us to tip the 18% percent so saves us 2% there and discounts on all food, inc,using alcohol is a much better value depending on how you eat. If you like apps, alcohol and don't eat dessert on every meal it gives you more freedom at a discounted price.

VWL Mom
01-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I've run the numbers each time we return and TIW always wins out. It truly depends on your eating habits, we do not eat dessert with every meal (including CS), we sometimes share CS for lunch or opt to go to Kona and get appetizers as lunch, things like that. The little ones will probably each get a CS meal each day but how about the adults? There are days (especially in the heat) that a light snack or a side salad may do the trick.

You'll need to spend $625 on TS to recoup the cost of the card, by the looks of your choices that should not be a problem. I always suggest to start by looking at the menus to get a pretty good idea of what you'll spend. If you'll be using DDP remember to add the tip in and any oop cost for appetizers/salads.