PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club club level, day 4--part 2

southerngirl
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
We spent a couple of ours back at the hotel relaxing and enjoying snacks in the club lounge. DS especially loved the "Duffy" channel on the resort tv, which showed old Disney cartoons. While we were at the resort, the Christmas ornaments I'd purchased at the Christmas Shop in the MK the day before arrived and were delivered to our room. They were very cute! I try to get one of these for each of the kids on our trips, so that someday they'll have them for their trees.

Around 4:30, we headed back to Epcot for our 6 p.m. dinner at GG and to do a little bit more exploring. We visited with Alice in the UK (DS showed her a truck that he'd purchased with some more of his "Mickey money" that afternoon, and we have a cute video of them playing on the floor with it together). Then, we finally were able to ride Spaceship Earth with only a 10 minute wait. We did a little looking through Mousegears and then headed over to our dinner at the GG.

By the way, I absolutely hate the decor of the Land. It's outdated and like a bus station/school cafeteria. For such a popular place, they really could spruce it up, don't you think?

Anyway, we checked in for our dinner and then had to sit on the floor with about 20 other people waiting for our table. About 10 minutes after we arrived, our pager went off, and we were taken to our table. Dinner was good and basic. We had a salad, dinner rolls, a platter with turkey/dressing, fish and beef/potatoes and a berry cake thing. The kids' platter had mac and cheese, chicken drumsticks, sweet potato fries and broccoli. DD and DS both ate it and loved it, although DS didn't care for the cupcake cone thing dessert that they brought (the kids and adults desserts they used to serve were a lot better). DS enjoyed his character interactions with Pluto, Mickey and Chip and Dale, and DD didn't cry too much, which we considered a victory.

After dinner, DS said he wanted to see Goofy, so we stopped by the Character Spot to see if he was there. He wasn't, but we saw Mickey, and we were in line for Pluto when DS said that he wanted to go to the MK parade. It was 7:15, and the parade started at 8, so we knew we had to leave. DS and I headed to the monorail, while DH took DD and the stroller back to the hotel.

Of course, as soon as we got onto the ramp to walk up to the monorail, DS said he had to go to the bathroom. I couldn't think of any place closer than the ones right inside Epcot, so we went back through the gates and to the bathroom. By the time we got back to the monorail, it was almost 7:30. I really thought we had no chance of making it, but luck was with us! We walked right onto a monorail at Epcot, and another was waiting when we got to the TTC. We walked into the MK at 7:55, and we found a spot right in the hub to watch the parade (just big enough for an adult and a child).

As soon as we got into our place, the parade started. Talk about perfect timing! DS loved every minute of it! He waived to all of the characters, clapped his hands and just had a ball! After the parade, I asked him if there was anything else he wanted to do in the MK. He said he wanted to get a gift for his friends. We went into the confectionary, and he picked up a few more Mickey krispy treats (and maybe a couple for himself), and then we discovered the fun light-up pinwheel things that they sell on the carts on Main Street, so of course we had to have one of those. We made one final visit to see Mickey with no wait, and then we watched a couple of minutes of Wishes from the train station platform. We hopped a bus back to the BC and were back at the hotel by about 9:45. It was off to bed for DS while DH and I packed up and then went off to bed ourselves.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2013, 03:55 PM
So sweet of your DS to get gifts for his friend.:mickey:

January-2007
01-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks so much for the trip report. What luck finding a spot for the parade right before it started!

faline
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
What a special ending to the day for you and your son! He sounds like a thoughtful little boy - wanting to get gifts for his friends.

Tigerinvestigator
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
We love the GG. I can't tell you how many times I have rushed from one side of WDW to the other to make a parade, fireworks show, or dining reservation. Sometimes it seemed hopeless and yet we have always made it on time, and there are always two seats left for an adult and child.........must be Disney magic.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
02-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Of course a great rest of the day!! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-03-2013, 02:50 AM
I agree about the Land. Definitely could use an update. I remember there used to be a funny smell in there, but the last couple of visits, it's been gone (thank goodness!).

There are bathrooms outside of Epcot on the way to the bus stops. If you're looking at Spaceship Earth, they are on the right hand side outside of the baggage check in area. They are always quiet!

:mickey2: