PDA

View Full Version : Information on some resturants

ransam
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I have reservations at the following resturants and never eaten there. can anyone tell me what they think?

Biergarten

Chefs de France

Rose and Crown Pub

Thank you!

BelleBeauty
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
We tried Biergarten when we were there November 2011. We really enjoyed it. There is a ton of food and it was all really great. It is German-fare, so you need to like sausages and the like but if you do it is awesome. They have traditional beer garden seating, so you might be sitting at a table with other guests. There were two of us and we sat at a 6 person table with a family of 4. Not ideal for us, but it does get you talking with other people. The restaurant is a great beak from the hustle and bustle of the parks, especially when it is really hot out. They also have a band performing, but if you want to see that make sure you don't book on of the first seatings (we booked a lunch around 12pm and they were not playing yet).

I really like Rose and Crown. The food is good, not great. But it is one of my favorite places to watch IllumiNations. You aren't guaranteed an outdoor seat, but if you check into your ADR early you might be able to wait for an outdoor table. Also, even if you eat inside, they have a special viewing area that they reserve for their diners and you can get up in the middle of your meal to go and watch the show. Great fish and chips and perfect if you are a beer drinker.

TinkerbellT421
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Biergarten was great! The desserts were to die for so save room for those! It's buffet and consists of mostly different types of sausages, and plenty of sauerkraut! Food was very good but doesn't sit well when you eat a lot. Felt like I was literally stuffed to my throat lol. The entertainment was wonderful. My fear with our reservation was having to sit with strangers, never know what kind of people you will get. But luckily we were fortunate to have some very nice locals with us.

Never tried France.

Rose and crown you can't go wrong. Food has always been great. It's been a couple trips since we ate inside so not sure the menu changed but they had a pot pie that was delicious. And can never go wrong with the fish and chips meal.

DisneyGlutton
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
We tried Biergarten for the first time in December an we were mightily impressed. Even though we usually avoid buffets, the food choices were plentiful, good, and fresh/hot. I especially enjoyed the pork schnitzel and plain spaetzle. The only blemish on the experience is that you have to sit at communal tables for eight, and while that's not awful (and potentially nice if you're gregarious) it was a bit awkward for us.

Rose and Crown is good, not great. Depending on the weather, I would try to snag a table outdoors. If you're interested in pub food and not just Epcot eateries, Raglan Road at Downtown Disney is better, imho.

Chefs de France is also good, not great. My meal was fine, but I've also never made a return visit.

faline
01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Just goes to show, we all have different tastes which is why it is so difficult to comment on dining choices!

In my experience for whatever it is worth:

Biergarten - I was not impressed. The entertainment was fun. I found the food rather bland and boring. Some meat choices were rather dried out.

Chefs de France - This has been a mixed bag for us. The last two times we dined here, we selected the fixed price menu offerings. On the first occasion, we had an early dinner (early enough for Ratatouille to appear). The food was exellent and we had a wonderful meal. On our most recent time here, we ate later. The food was still very good. However, the volume (noise) inside this establishment left me yearning to get out of them long before the meal was finished.

Rose and Crown - this has long been a favorite dining location of ours. I can't think of a time we've had a bad meal here. And, if you're lucky enough to get a patio seat around Illuminations, it's truly magical!

DisneyGlutton
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Just goes to show, we all have different tastes which is why it is so difficult to comment on dining choices!

Ain't that the truth! I would recommend that you look at the menu, and if it's to your liking, give it a try. Everyone has different tastes, expectations, experiences, etc. I love WDW food even though it's overpriced. However, I'm sure if you're a big foodie from a city with a vibrant food scene, you may think it's garbage. To each, their own!

BriarRose0708
01-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Out of the three I've only experienced Chefs de France and loved it. I was there for lunch and ordered from the Fixed price menu. I had French Onion Soup, Quiche Lorraine with a mixed greens salad and Profiteroles for dessert. Everything was fabulous. Lunch is fun because they bring Chef Remy out on a cart (except Sundays) and he's the cutest little guy. Even though it was busy in there I didn't find the service slow at all, just a tad rushed actually but we didn't pay attention to that and just took our time to enjoy the meal. My dining partner thought our waiter was grumpy but I just wrote that off as authentic French-ness lol. I would definitely give Chefs a try for lunch!

The only time I've gone to Rose and Crown was for a Strongbow!

SBETigg
01-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Chefs de France is one of my favorites, though it can be very up and down. My past few visits have been great, so maybe that's encouraging. I like the braised short ribs and many other things I've tried. My sister is a big fan of the mac and cheese.

Biergarten is a lot of fun, love the atmosphere. It's one of those places I only had to do once, but I'm glad I did.

Rose and Crown, also a good choice. Consistently good, not great, but very friendly staff.

All three places are best for atmosphere over food and service, I think. They represent what you would expect from their countries, and that's what makes the experience for me (though the food at all of them is good, too, and we've had some great servers).

bruin1344
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I have reservations at the following resturants and never eaten there. can anyone tell me what they think?

Biergarten

Chefs de France

Rose and Crown Pub

Thank you!

R&C is a great choice

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Biergarten is a lot of fun first off, and be advised you will share a table with another family not sure if you knew that. The buffet was good with a lot of traditional German dishes but nothing too exotic. Its not the best meal we've had at Disney but it is good.

Chefs De France-Once again the food was good, but not the best meal we've ever had. We tried both the chicken and the beef short ribs from the price fix menu. The chicken was better. The creme brulee was pretty good too.

We've never tried Rose n Crown

mydisneygirls
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Can only comment on Chefs. We have eaten there previously, loved it and ate there again on our trip this past September. Food was less than good this time (short ribs were sooooooo dry and tasteless) and we will not be returning next trip. We did, however, find the Captain's Grille to be awesome so that is now out new must do place (aside from O'Hana's).

Itchy
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM

Biergarten

Chefs de France

Rose and Crown Pub

Thank you!

We ate at Biergarten on our last trip and really enjoyed it. We will probably do it again on our next trip. Our server was great, he had some of the recipes printed off for my lady friend for some of the offering they had on the buffet.
The entertainment was great as well.

We have eaten at Rose and Crown and enjoyed the food, but I dont know if we will do it again soon. Worth a try though.

We did not like Chef De France, it might be just our taste. What the heck go for it as you may have a different experience.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Janmac
01-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Based on your post over in Theme Parks, I'd say Biergarten is a can't miss for you. The point is having a good time with other good people - can't recall the German word. During the entertainment the band does the Prost Prost Prost thing. You'll get to hear the long horn, like in the Riccola commercials. Folks used to dance the chicken dance - and our neighbor did when he went with his family - but when I've been, only kids get up and dance. Last couple of times there's been nice bell playing. You do sit at a table for 8, which is what we did pretty much wherever we were in Germany. At Epcot's Biergarten we've enjoyed the time with other folks, when we have some quiet time to converse!

We like the beer flight, which is samples of 4 different beers in 6 ounce glasses which is just about as much beer as I can put away. And each one of the samples suits a different person in our group. Works out well.

Haven't yet been to Chefs and it's been many trips since we've been to Rose & Crown. Too many other places to eat . . .

Jan

Tigerinvestigator
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I like all three choices. Biergarten is really good if you like traditional German food and the atmosphere is among the best in World Showcase in my opinion. Le Chefs has absolutley wonderful food but the atmosphere is always confusing to me as you have what looks and feels like a fine dining experience and yet you have sweaty kids and adults in shorts and Mickey ears...lol.....it plays tricks on your mind. Rose and Crown is home to one of the best apetizers at WDW (second only to Ohana's pot stickers IMHO)and that is the Scotch Egg! I know it didn't sound great when reading the menu and I actually ordered it on a dare....but I can't stop thinking about it. I will get one on my next trip as well!:thumbsup:

Keneva
01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Rose and Crown is a real pub in the heart of Epcot. Nothing fancy but we totally enjoyed it. I had the fish and chips and am still comparing fish entrees to it.

Wolf
01-14-2013, 03:23 PM
We had Rose and Crown almost 5 years ago so I'm not sure how accurate my review would be so I'll give you the short version, the food was good and different from anything I'd had before, we had an amazing server, the bar crown was sooo loud!! But in the best kinda way, like singing, laughing, etc. but don't go thinking it'll be a quiet dinner (based on our experience at least)

Have a great trip!!!