PDA

View Full Version : New Hotel

CU Tiger
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Is the building being erected near bay lake, that can be seen from the Contemporary, related to Disney or independent? I cannot tell if it is on Disney property. I saw one sign that said something about a Four-Seasons. Is this a new Four-Seasons hotel?:confused::mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Is the building being erected near bay lake, that can be seen from the Contemporary, related to Disney or independent? I cannot tell if it is on Disney property. I saw one sign that said something about a Four-Seasons. Is this a new Four-Seasons hotel?:confused::mickey:

It is a Four Seasons hotel, not owned or operated by Disney but on WDW property...

Lacy
01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
I thought that was the whole point of all of the property at WDW that non-Disney developments wouldn't occur.....

I think they should focus on improving the guest experience at all of their resorts so people don't want to stay at a Four Seasons. Just my :twocents:

DizneyFreak2002
01-07-2013, 11:59 PM
I thought that was the whole point of all of the property at WDW that non-Disney developments wouldn't occur.....

I think they should focus on improving the guest experience at all of their resorts so people don't want to stay at a Four Seasons. Just my :twocents:

Well it isn't like this is the first time this happened... Swan and Dolphin are not owned or operated by Disney, and neither are any of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd... All on Disney property...

Tekneek
01-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Just one more questionable decision made by Disney over the years. It wasn't the first and won't be the last.

BrerGnat
01-08-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure how successful this will end up being for FS.

Look at the Waldorf-Astoria/Hilton Bonnet Creek complex. I don't think they have near the occupancy they'd hoped for.

CuteAsMinnie
01-08-2013, 01:44 PM

....but..... They ARE improving the guest experience with the whole NextGenm MagicBand, FastPass+ thing!!!! Aren't they???

:sick:

Hammer
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure how successful this will end up being for FS.

Look at the Waldorf-Astoria/Hilton Bonnet Creek complex. I don't think they have near the occupancy they'd hoped for.

Don't be so sure of that, Natalie. Those resorts are getting a lot of convention business. I know from speaking with my sister who organizes meetings/convention and trade show work for big companies (she is currently at the Computer Electronics Show in Las Vegas managing things for Panasonic) that a lot of companies are using these hotels for meetings. Her company has used both hotels and was thrilled with the meeting spaces and the accommodations.

One thing my sister says Disney is lacking is enough suites in the deluxe hotels. Many of these companies’ higher ups expect to be able to stay in a suite when attending a meeting or conference. Places like the Waldorf (and Four Seasons) have many suites and deluxe rooms to accommodate these sort of clients. Disney hotels do not. You would have to spread these attendees across multiple hotels to have enough suites.

The Four Seasons will do fine at WDW. The clientele who stay there are very loyal to the brand.

BrerGnat
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I only mention the Waldorf/Hilton complex because they are always offering rooms at rock bottom prices over there. There is a perpetual discount on rooms...they wouldn't do that if they were always booked. Surely, conventions there are huge for them...but outside of that, I'm assuming they do little "leisure travel" business.

You can book a room there for well under $200 much of the time...

Hammer
01-08-2013, 11:53 PM
That's pretty normal, though, for most hotels that do big convention business. Look at some of the prices you can get for the Swan and Dolphin, which also has a big convention business.

I still say the Four Seasons will do just fine. They will serve a niche client base which is not currently serviced on property. The Grand Floridian tries, but it can't give the personalized service that people can get at the Four Seasons, even though they charge the same price. Yes, I know people say that you pay the price you do at GF because of the location, but that is not enough justification for some people. They want it all, and the Four Seasons will give that to them.

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Grand Floridian and a Four Seasons. The Grand Floridian was wonderful, but the service at the Four Seasons was unparalleled.