PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club club level--Day 2-Part 2

southerngirl
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
We hopped a bus from the MK after our visit with Mickey and got back to the BC about 2:30. After picking up some snacks in the lounge (the offerings were chips and dip, yogurt pretzels, gummy fish, trail mix and cookies--nothing you could really count as lunch), we fed DD some yogurt and gave her a bottle, and she took a bit of nap. (Another side note--the Club Level staff were wonderful! They had purchased some organic, whole milk yogurt for our DD and made it available to us whenever we needed it.) DS really wanted to go to the pool, so I took him. I tried to interest him in Beaches and Cream for lunch, but he was all about swimming. We spent about an hour and a half at SAB, and it was so much fun! We built a sandcastle, played in the shallow end and just basically had a great time.

After our swim, we went back up to the room and cleaned up for dinner at the California Grill. We checked out the appetizers in the lounge on our way to dinner, and they were yummy! They had cheeses and dried fruits with crackers, a veggie platter, a tomato and mozzarella salad, bacon wrapped scallops, pea samosas and then some rolls with peanut butter and jelly and apple slices and caramel dip for the kids, as well as beer, wine, sodas, tea, water and lemonade (and the coffee machine with flavored syrups). We had a small sampling (DS especially loved the apple slices) and then drove over to the Contemporary for our CG dinner.

This was another wonderful dinner! DH and I shared the tomato and goat cheese flatbread, the dragon roll sushi and the lobster risotto, all of which were from the appetizer portion of the menu. DS had the kids' pizza, which he devoured, as well as several pieces of bread and Goldfish. (DD had her standard baby food plus bites of anything else that we shared with her.) For dessert, I had arranged prior to our trip to have two mini cakes made for the kids, as a celebration of both of their birthdays. DD turned 1 just before our trip, and DD turned 4.5 on New Year's Day, so it just seemed right to have a cake for each of them. These were so adorable and delicious! DD's was pale pink with white chocolate snowflakes on top, and it was a marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling. DS's cake was red velvet with cream cheese filling, and it was decorated with little red, blue and yellow Mickey heads and topped with a set of miniature Mickey ears made out of sugar. (DH and I enjoyed the leftovers the next night on our balcony while the kids slept. It was $80 well spent!)

After dinner, we headed back to the BC, bathed the kids and got them to bed. DH then went to check out the desserts in the lounge, which he reported were lack-luster (some type of key lime cake and a mini chocolate bundt cake, which he said was very dry), while I got our clothes and bags ready for our next day's adventure. Then, it was off to bed!

emerzmom
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Your dinner at California Grill sounded wonderful!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Hmmm...we are considering BC club level for our next trip. Did you book standard view or garden view?

January-2007
01-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Thank you for your trip report!

southerngirl
01-07-2013, 04:08 PM
By the way, we were in a garden view room. It was 5655, and I loved it!

faline
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
California Grill is such a terrific spot - I hope the revised version is just as good!

Tigerinvestigator
01-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Love the resort time each trip. Need to relax more.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Dinner and the little cakes sound delicious! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-03-2013, 02:29 AM
What a great idea with the little cakes! :cake:

ANG
02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
I didn't realize CG was so kid friendly!

vizsla
02-04-2013, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the report.