PDA

View Full Version : 2 reservations / 2 resorts / same night

Dream'nDisney
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Can you reserve two resorts for the same night for the same people? We might be able to stay longer next year if we split our stay by staying at a moderate for a few nights and then moving to a delux the remainder of our stay. Not knowing the exact dates yet, I was wondering if I could overlap our stays to make sure we had our days covered.

Fangorn
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Short answer: yes, you can.

You just make two separate reservations. Then once you have your dates firmed up, make the necessary changes.

Steve

Dream'nDisney
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Good to know. Thanks!

Goofy4TheWorld
01-08-2013, 08:47 AM
I am by no means sure about this at all, but...

My understanding is that you cannot change the START date of a reservation without canceling and re-booking. You can change the end date, but not the start date.

If that is true (and that is a BIG if) and you were wanting to book a Moderate for day 1 2 3 and a Deluxe for day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 then shorten the Deluxe to only days 4 5 6 7 later, that wouldn't work

But again, my understanding that you cannot change the start date on an existing reservation could be baloney?

BrerGnat
01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Just put one reservation in your name, and the other in your husband's (or whoever is the other adult going).

You can use the same home address and other contact info. Then, simply modify whichever reservation you need to.

You can certainly change the check IN date. Not a problem. A bigger problem would be NOT having the days you need available at the end of the trip.

As long as you are doing these as "room only" reservations, it's not a problem.

Dream'nDisney
01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Good idea. I might put one ressie in DH's name if we decide to go this route. Thank you all.