PDA

View Full Version : Why no times?

Airblue1
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I am trying to switch a Sunday Feb 10th Crystal Palace breakfast time and currently there are none to be had. That is a little crazy. It's Feb and that weekend is not a special weekend. Does anyone have any idea of why this is so?

buzznwoodysmom
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
That is Mardi Gras weekend. MG is on Tuesday, February 12th this year. That could be why your having trouble. That and it's only like 5 weeks away.

Airblue1
01-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, but we have travelled to Disney in Feb. and never had a problem with times. We were thinking they do not staff the place with as many times b/c it is Feb...
Thanks

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
It sounds like you're just hitting a bit of a busy time, but keep checking back, people will cancel (since it is one of the places that require a credit card) and hopefully you'll be able to snag a spot.

Weekends at MK are always busier, and with it being Mardi Gras (Easter is early this year, so everything else is earlier too) it may be busier than in past years.

Itchy
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
As stated before I would keep checking back. Did you look on line or did you call WDW dining for reservations.

If there were none on line I would try a phone call to see if there were any.

Good luck...:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but we have travelled to Disney in Feb. and never had a problem with times. We were thinking they do not staff the place with as many times b/c it is Feb...
Thanks

Mardi Gras is not on the same date each year. You may have gone to Disney in early February before when it was not MG. The last time MG was early was back in 2008. While MG doesn't bring the crowds of Easter or Christmas it definitely can effect crowds.

Airblue1
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
When does MG crowd begin to arrive?
Thanks for all the info

buzznwoodysmom
01-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Most folks going during their Mardi Gras break will start arriving on Saturday, February 9th. A lot of schools get off the entire week so expect most vacationers to be there all week. As the week comes to an end Presidents Day weekend crowds will be coming in. We'll be there for MG and I am prepared for moderate to heavy crowds being that the two holidays run into each other this year.

Cass&KenziesMom
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
We're arriving the 9th also and leaving the 15th

Airblue1
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Holy Crow!
I live in Pgh.
We don't get the Jersey week the Mardi Gras week! I'm moving forget this rust belt stuff::)))
Have fun everyone and play safe!!