PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in March

peemagg
01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
What are crowds like the first 2 weeks of March?

Strmchsr
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Fairly high with the spring break crowds, but definitely not as bad as the time closer to Easter. Very workable with a plan and using Fastpass.

SBETigg
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Easter is in March this year, March 31. With Spring Breaks and Easter coming on together toward the end of the month, I'm expecting larger than usual crowds from St. Patrick's Day and on through the first week of April. But the first two weeks of March will probably be much less crowded by comparison.

I'm going to be there for the third week of March, tagging along with my husband who has a conference at the Dolphin.

DreamFinder2
01-06-2013, 04:25 PM
We'll be there beginning the 15th of March. We've been many times around spring break, and crowds are big, but very manageable.

Interesting to note...one website that estimates park crowds just lowered that 3rd week time period from 9's and 10's (out of 10) to 6's and 7's. Not exactly sure why, but their estimates have always been a good indicator for us.

Also, since the most recent round of room discounts extend to the 22nd, it might mean that hotels aren't quite as full as Disney expected those first few weeks in March.

I think both are positive for smaller than expected crowds up until the last week in March. :secret:

Lindsey310
01-06-2013, 05:58 PM
We were there the first week in march 2012 before and after we took the disney dream. I was average crowds, if you plan your day right, it doesn't seem as crowded. Have fun! :mickey:

SBETigg
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Interesting to note...one website that estimates park crowds just lowered that 3rd week time period from 9's and 10's (out of 10) to 6's and 7's. Not exactly sure why, but their estimates have always been a good indicator for us.

Eric, thanks! I haven't checked back since it was all 9s and 10s. That's very good news for me. I hope.

VWL Mom
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Eric, thanks! I haven't checked back since it was all 9s and 10s. That's very good news for me. I hope.

Me too since I will only be there for one day and am trying to fit in both the F&G and New Fantasyland. Not a rider though, just a sightseer. :mickey:

emerzmom
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
:joy:
We will be there the first week of March. Last year we were there for the "Leap Day" celebration (not by plan but by accident) and a few days into March. The crowds were not too bad.
:tink:
Julie