PDA

View Full Version : Are Easter crowds always extreme?

RedSoxandPatsfan
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
We are considering a vacation in 2014. We usually going during spring break in MA. In 2014 that combines with Easter weekend. We would be arriving on Good Friday and staying the rest of the week.

So with Easter being later in the month will the crowds still be extreme? We've experienced NYE crowds and glad we did it, but said never again because of the crowds / wait times.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes, Easter will be busy. With the extra time off school, and the fact that so many places add a Spring Break into the Easter weekend, it is one of the busiest times at Disney.

But, as always, get an early start, use FP when you can and be sure to have made ADR's for where you want to eat, and you'll do fine!

Kenny1113
01-06-2013, 01:05 PM
We have done SB both around Easter and without. When we went around Easter, the parks closed to capacity before 12. FP for Space Mtn were gone by 1:00.(this was before they enforced return time) That being said, as the above poster mentioned, get to the parks early, have a plan and go with the right frame of mind (patience) knowing it will be busy. Have fun! :)

missymouseworld
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
It is extremely busy. When we were there a few years ago, Easter timeframe in March, parks did close and there were huge wait times for most of the rides. Out of the 5 days there, MK closed 3 times. We spent most of our time at the resort and doing other things like mini golf.

SBETigg
01-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Yes, crowd levels will be at their highest. This is manageable for some with good planning, but a dealbreaker for others.

dnickels
01-06-2013, 07:59 PM
The crowds will likely be very comparable to the Christmas-New Years crowds. You said that you've been there, done that and wouldn't ever do it again so I don't think I'd recommend it. :twocents:

BrerGnat
01-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Our most enjoyable trip to WDW was in 2010 over Easter week. Honestly, it was great. Sure, there were a couple days where the parks closed early due to capacity, but we spent a lot of time at the resort in the pool (Beach Club) and it was a great time. The weather was fantastic, the parks were open late, the staff levels were very high, leading to excellent customer service all around, etc. I would not hesitate to return over Easter week in the future.

JerseyDad
01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
.....our very first WDW visit was at Easter / Spring Break time in 2004. The crowds were BRUTAL. After that trip ...we were lucky enough to get back to WDW that same year in Oct/Nov. ("Jersey Week") .....and ...had we not been able to make the comparison between the two times ...and experience much lower crowd levels in the fall ...I'd have NEVER gone back to WDW again