PDA

View Full Version : 4 Days in the Parks... Pick your DDP Choices!

DisneyDawgette
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi! I've been drafting and drafting ideas for our DDP allotments for our next trip, but I feel like I can't decide! We are doing 4 (POSSIBLY 5 days, depending on my sway on this later in the year) days in the parks and will be doing the DDP. I know that some people aren't fans of the plan, but we figured it up and it's the only way we will be able to do any "big" meals and still eat otherwise! Yay for one more semester of college! :P

That being said, I want you to pick out your dream 4 (or 5) day DDP choices... Give me your snacks, quick service, and table service! If there are any that are absolute musts for you, please note why.

Only ringer is that one of your meals has to fit into the Fantasmic Dinner Package!

Happy dining dreams! I'm excited to see everyone's choices! :D

TinkerbellT421
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
DHS: for the Fantasmic package I would do mama melrose. We did that package this past trip in December and would do it again in a heartbeat. (At least the dinner anyway). Food was absolutely delicious. And being from an area that is known for its Italian food, and me being Italian, I'm kind of an Italian eat-out snob, and the food was so good. DBF and I pretty much decided that its a definite do again. Chicken parm was what DBF had and he raved about it. I had the New York strip steak that came with a four cheese pasta. I can't even say anything bad if I tried, that's a feat in itself lol.
Quick service: I would go to Epcot lol pretty much anywhere

Epcot: Biergarten would be my dinner choice or Teppan Edo. Delicious on both accounts, and can't beat the atmosphere at either.

Quick service I would do either the land, or Yorkshire shoppe at rosé and crown

Animal kingdom: Tusker house.

Quick service: flame tree

Magic kingdom: I would go to Ohana at the poly. It's a must do.

Quick service: Columbia harbor house, must do!

Snacks are debatable. Lol

BelleKP
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
MK day: I would eat at 'Ohanas at the Poly, quick monorail over makes it super easy . . . and super delicious! CS I would eat at Columbia Harbour house and snack is a Dole Whip for sure!!
EP: We do Akershus cuz we have two DDs!! But without kids I would do Marakesh or Le Cellier (but this takes 2TS credits). CS we like Sunshine seasons in the Land, or any country in WS :) Snack would be something tasty from the Patisserie in France, or Churros in Mexico!
HS: For the Fantasmic Package I would do 50s Prime Time, love the fun atmosphere, food and CM interaction. CS would be Backlot exress and a snack from Starring Rolls.
AK: I would leave the park and eat at Boma (AKL). CS we like to do picnic in the park, there ares so many nice places to eat (don't know if they still do this or not). Snack . . . nothing in particular, probably an Mickey ice cream sandwhich or bar :bar:

Happy Planning!:tasty:

Dulcee
01-06-2013, 08:55 AM
My favorites:

Signature meal- Jiko, a must. We loved everything about dining here.

Table service - For the fantasmic package I'd do Mama Melrose, we've never had a bad meal here. In epoct I'd go with Rose & Crown.

Counter - Morocco in Epcot, the name is alluding me and in HS fair fax ribs and chicken platter, bonus points as its good and big enough to share.

Snack - I'm a purist you can't beat a Mickey bar.

snowflakegirl
01-06-2013, 09:59 AM
I was just daydreaming about where I would eat on my next trip...of course my next trip is in about 2 1/2 years, but it's fun to dream, right?

Magic Kingdom -
TS - Be Our Guest, but only because I want to try it. Otherwise, I don't really have a TS that I love in MK.
CS - Columbia Harbour House.
Snack - Dole Whip!

Epcot -
TS - This one was TOUGH. There are so many I like. But Restaurant Marrakesh is a favorite of mine and DH, so I'd have to go with that. We love the seasonings of the food and we love the colors and architecture of the pavilion, plus every time we've gone it's been cool and quiet and not busy, which is a nice break.
CS - Sunshine Seasons.
Snack - School Bread.

Hollywood Studios -
TS - I've never eaten at any of the restaurants in the Fantasmic Package, but I'd probably go with Mama Melrose's.
CS - I don't love any of the CS options at DHS. I usually do a TS lunch and then go to Epcot and have CS dinner there. The last time I had CS at DHS I think we went to the ABC Commissary.
Snack - Something from the Writer's Stop or Starring Rolls.

Animal Kingdom -
TS - We love both Yak and Yeti and Tusker House. If I had to pick just one, I think I'd go with Yak and Yeti.
CS - Flame Tree
Snack - Nothing in particular, a Mickey Bar probably.

Janmac
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM
MK
Table service - boat to 1900 Park Fare for supper - the Tremaines are a hoot.
Quick service - Cosmic Ray's, meal and a show.

AK
Table service - breakfast at Tusker House, before the park opens.
Quick service - Flametree, with seats down by the water.

Epcot
Table service - Biergarten supper - again, meal and a show. Gotta love the beer flight.
Quick service - Sunshine Seasons in the Land

DHS
Table service - sorry, never done Fantasmic so I can't help you here.
Quick service - sorry, again, haven't found a counter service place I'd eat twice at.

Left out snacks. If we're at the World during summer, we usually get a Mickey Head. During winter, we just don't do snacks much.

Jan

Katzateer
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
HS- Brown Derby for Fantasmic

MK - Columbia Harbour House and Dole Whip

Be Our Guest if you can get in

EPCOT - don't think you can go wrong

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

We like to go to Kona's at Poly a couple times each trip also. And love California Grill.

Lindsey310
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
MK: I would do Ohana for a TS.
Quick service would def be Columbia harbour house. Love the fish and chips :thumbsup:

Epcot: we like via Napoli.
Pizza window at Italy or Mexico quick service are both great for quick service.

Hollywood Studios: we did the fantasmic dinner package in September and we ate at mama melroses. It was actually delicious (loved the pesto gnocchi).
Quick service: backlot express restaurant has a variety of choices.

Animal kingdom: yak and yeti or Tusker house breakfast is good TS.
QS: flame tree BBQ is fabulous!

Snacks: obsessed with the cinnamon almonds, a must have every time we visit!!
Other good choices are the Mickey shaped pretzels and DH loves the turkey legs.

Have a great time!!!! :eat:

DisneyDawgette
01-07-2013, 04:56 PM
I was definitely thinking Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We did Hollywood and Vine last time (a previous favorite of mine), and we were more than disappointed. Especially because we paid out of pocket for that one.

As far as AK table service goes, I'm definitely leaning towards going to a resort that night. Possibly in the general area... I've heard wonderful things about Boma and Sanaa and Jiko... Anyone have a favorite out of these three? Having never been and just reading the reviews, they seem similar, though I'm probably mistaken!

Thanks for putting so much thought into it! It's fun for me to plan, so I'm happy you enjoy it too! Or seem to. :)