PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs Dining

nuclearmom
01-05-2013, 03:55 PM
We are booked at CS in June. This will be our first visit to this resort.

Please tell me about the dining options. I am confused about Pepper Market. If you have been there recently, please explain how it works. I understand it is no longer a buffet. So, does that mean is like the other mods food courts? Also, what is Cafe Rix and how is it different? We will be on the QS meal plan, so would like to know how we can utilize this plan at the resort.

Also, I understand they have room service at CS. Does anyone know if we can use QS credits for things on the room service menu?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Melanie
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm not familiar with your questions regarding the Dining Plan. Never done it.

As for Pepper Market, the way it's set up is you receive a stamp card from the hostess when you are seated. There are many stations to choose from, and after getting what you want, the CM will stamp your card with your selection. You go back to your table, and a CM takes your drink order and brings it to you. When you are finished, you go to the checkout, the CM adds up your stamps and you pay.

Cafe Rix is a bakery/quick service place, not unlike the other resorts. The refillable mugs are sold here and it is the refill station.

Scar
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Also, when we ate there 7 or so years ago, we were charged a 10% tip because a waiter brought water and cleaned our table after. When we took it back to our room, we were not charged.

Melanie
01-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Also, when we ate there 7 or so years ago, we were charged a 10% tip because a waiter brought water and cleaned our table after. When we took it back to our room, we were not charged.

Correct! Forgot about that bit. Thanks Jeff.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Also, I understand they have room service at CS. Does anyone know if we can use QS credits for things on the room service menu?

No, room service takes table-service credits, and is usually at least two credits, so it usually isn't worth it.

But, they will give you your meal as take-out, so you can munch in the room.