PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest CS Lunch review

Hammer
01-05-2013, 12:41 PM
My Mom, sister and I made our annual overnight trip from Mom's home in Tampa to check out the Christmas decorations at WDW. This year, we decided we would concentrate on MK, specifically the new Fantasyland. So, we decided eating lunch at Be Our Guest was on the agenda.

Waiting in line to get to make our menu choices took only about 15-20 minutes, which was faster than I thought it would be considering how long the line was. As we were eating at Yachtsman Steakhouse that night, we ordered a steak sandwich and croque monsieur to share between the 3 of us and each of us ordered our own bowls of French onion soup.

French Onion soup- We all agreed that this was our favorite part of the meal. Good flavor, nice cheese to soup ratio, fair amount of onions

Croque Monsieur- We all thought this was tasty, though it was a bit lacking in the bechamel; more was needed.

Steak sandwich- The doneness was exactly as we like it (medium rare) and it was tasty. The steak, however, needed to be tenderized to be used as a steak sandwich. As you would normally use a lesser quality of meat for a steak sandwich (known as palomilla steak in Tampa area), it needs a little tenderizing before being used in a sandwich. It made it tough to eat as a sandwich. Felt a bit cavemanish tearing the meat to eat in the sandwich :D ! We left satisfied but not overly full, which is what we wanted as we were having a big meal in the evening.

Price- it is definitely a bit overpriced. The price for 2 sandwiches, 3 soups and 3 drinks was $50.
As a comparison, we ate at the Nordstrom Café in Tampa the day before, which is set up like Be Our Guest that you order the food at a counter and it is then brought to your table. We ordered a club sandwich and two salads (so each person had their own meal, no sharing). 3 drinks and 1 creme brulee for dessert to share. This also cost $50 dollars and was much more food.

We are glad we tried this place for lunch. We will try it for dinner (they were switching over for dinner while we were finishing our lunch). We will come back for lunch, but it is not a "must do".

SBETigg
01-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the review, Christine. Interesting comparison to the Nordstrom Cafe. I've seen more than a few reviewers mentioning that it's overpriced.

DisneyGlutton
01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm not aware of a WDW eatery that isn't overpriced! I really enjoyed BoG for lunch myself. The attention to detail of the interior was stunning. For better or worse, it was my favorite part of New Fantasyland. I agree though that the food is good, not great.

January-2007
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the review!

Crow
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
thanks.
it is a possibility for me, mainly to see the decor..unfortunate that it doesnt take TIW for lunch