PDA

View Full Version : Taxi/transportation from Boardwalk

Yoshi1983
01-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Our trip to WDW is closing fast now (going 17 january!). :mickey:

Staying at All-Star Movies. We are both in our 20ties som we want to go out and have some drinks and try Jellyrolls at Boardwalk after the parks close etc.

The question is: is it easy to find a taxi back to All-Star Movies from Boardwalk?

VWL Mom
01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Valet at BW will be able to get one for you, no problem.

faline
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
It's easy to get taxis at any of the resorts. You may not see them but they are there. Just ask anyone if Dell services and they will quickly flight went down for you.

You can also use Disney service to get back home again even if the parks are closed. It would mean taking a bus to downtown Disney from Boardwalk and then transferring to a bus for your resort. I believe the bus service through downtown Disney runs until 2 AM.

BelleBeauty
01-06-2013, 02:31 PM
We were really surprised at how much easier taxis are that WDW Transportation. We took a taxi from Boardwalk to DHS and it cost under $10 and took less than 10 minutes.

Lindsey310
01-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Jellyrolls is great, try and see the dueling piano bar if you can get there early enough. Taxis are around, you can ask the front desk, they are easy to find. :mickey:

Crow
01-07-2013, 12:05 AM
id like to see Jellyrolls
just b careful..i asked a bell services at Swan for a taxi and it was more like a towncar the charged a lot for a short ride..

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I've never had an issue with getting a taxi at Disney. If there wasn't one waiting, a quick ask at the hotel and they have one right away.

If you're worried at all, you can confirm the estimated fare with the driver, but Boardwalk to All-Stars should be around $20 or so.

Yoshi1983
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the answeres :)

Really looking forwards to trying the boardwalk this time :)

10 days left.. cant wait :mickey:

One more question: is there any good bars/nightlife in Downtown Disney or should we just hang at Boardwalk?

ginny57
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
There are plenty of places (bars) to go in DTD but I suspect that, once you get to JellyRolls, you won't want to leave....its a BLAST!!!

If you do end up in DTD check out Raglan Road....love it there!