PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club

roses
01-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone! I was just researching for my next trip. We stayed at the Caribbean in Oct. and absolutely LOVED it! Right now, I'm toying with the idea of the Beach Club or Art of Animation. One thing I noticed was that there may not be a playground at the Beach Club and there may not be a beach at Art. Could someone tell me if that is true for both. Also, does Beaches still serve a limited breakfast?

Thanks! :mickey:

BrerGnat
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
There is no beach at AoA. There really is no playground either. However, there is a great playground at the Swan/Dolphin and one at the Boardwalk, both within easy walking distance of the Beach Club.

You are considering a Value resort and a Deluxe resort. There is a big difference in the overall experience. We love the BC quite a lot more than any of the Value resorts.

roses
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Considering Art of Animation because it's new and I think my dd (3) will enjoy it. And the Beach Club because I think we would all enjoy it. :) Thank you for the information. How long is the walk from BC to Epcot?

Jillirose
01-05-2013, 04:37 PM
About a 5 minute walk:thumbsup:

Yo Mickey!
01-05-2013, 08:34 PM
the beach/yacht pool slays any pool at disney. fun for all ages. book it, dano.

BrerGnat
01-06-2013, 08:30 AM
With a three year old, I would recommend Beach Club due to it's good location. You can walk to so many places, and there is so much to do right in the immediate area. It will be a lot easier than having to deal with taking the buses every time you want to leave the resort grounds.

AgentC
01-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I've stayed at both (regular room at AOA) and I would book the Beach Club. The pool area is spectacular. My 4 year old loves the beach area plus the sand area at the pool is great for building castles and the kiddie pool has a fun slide for smaller ones.

If you are thinking about quick serve breakfast, yes it is more limited at the Beach Club. The quick serve there is quite small. However there is a breakfast buffet both at Beach (Cape May) and Yacht (Captain's Grille). Over at Boardwalk Kouzzina had a very reasonable table service breakfast. The Swan/Dolphin restaurants are convenient as well. And worst case scenario there is always room service. I know some complain there is not enough food option at the Epcot resorts but I have never found it to be a problem.

roses
01-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! When we stayed at the Caribbean (which I did love), the buses were not so fun at times - especially the MK one - with the stroller and the amount of people they pack in - it was stressful to get the stroller folded, unfolded, keep it from hitting people (opps, did a couple times, but thankfully they were understanding) - so the walking is key! I looked into staying at other resorts near MK but they didn't seem as kid friendly as BC. :mickey: Okay one more question! :blush: Since we are going to rent DVC points - is there a way to request to be put into a standard room instead? :D