PDA

View Full Version : WDW to Kissimmee for Spring Training Game

emerzmom
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I have a trip planned to WDW in early March. I am a HUGE baseball fan and my beloved albeit last place baseball team, Houston Astros, will be playing a few spring training games in Kissimmee during my stay. I want to go to at least one of the games. I was not planning on renting a car (just using Disney Transportation) for my WDW stay. The stadium is 13 miles from WDW property. Any thoughts on a taxi or car service as the way to get to and from the stadium from my WDW resort. These are day games.
Thanks for any thoughts on this.
:tink:
Julie

faline
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
You could use a car service like Intercot sponsor, Quicksilver. However, since you can't predict when the game will end, you might consider renting a car for the day. Car rentals are available at the Car Care Center and the Dolphin.

emerzmom
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks Linda, you are always so helpful! Do you happen to know what car rental company is out of the car care center?
Julie

faline
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
National and Alamo are sister companies and they are located at both locations. Do price both. When I last checked, I got different quotes - picking up at the same location for the same type of vehicle and the same duration of rental.

Yo Mickey!
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
fun story about the new astros manager. i am a big iowa hawkeyes fan and also of the washington nationals. i was able to get down for a few days early last march and the nats and braves were playing at the wide world of sports. i got off DME, checked into BWV, and took a cab right to the stadium. got there in the 3rd inning and one of my favorite players growing up was coaching 3b for the nats. i yelled out a "go hawks" and he could not have been nicer. he played baseball and football at iowa. had a great talk and the nats people came up to me after joking that they hate it when someone gets him talking about the hawkeyes because he won't shut up.

that guy is the new manager for the 'stros, Bo Porter. Great guy, give him a "go hawks" and i am guessing you'll get a big smile out of the guy. you will love him as your manager, i was hoping he'd still be around when our manager retires.

emerzmom
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks Yo Mickey! I will definitely take your advice. He does seem like a great guy and I am hopeful that my beloved Astros will rise again!:baseball:
Julie