PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Refillable Mugs?

VWL Mom
01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Does anyone know if a new mug was released yet? I'm so looking forward to a new pattern for my collection. Of course, I'd love them to be resort specific but know that's not happening.

Tinkermom
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
No new mug as of 1/4/13 (the day we left Disney).

Crow
01-08-2013, 12:21 AM
keep an eye out..im supposed to go Feb 2 so im hoping (that is if the trip actually works out)

BigThunderFan
01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Going off of past experience, they usually start selling the new mugs right after our January trips... :mad:

AtoZgirl
01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I know about resort refillable mugs... I'm assuming you're asking about something different. If that's the case, could someone fill me in? Is this a mug you can buy and use all around the Disney property?

JoDisney
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in December. I asked when there would be a new mug. They said they change the mug every two years. I took their response with a grain of salt. Many times I have asked questions and the information has been incorrect.

Tekneek
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in December. I asked when there would be a new mug. They said they change the mug every two years. I took their response with a grain of salt. Many times I have asked questions and the information has been incorrect.

Yeah, gone are the days when they would get on the phone to provide an accurate answer. Now they try to tell you whatever will make you go away.

VWL Mom
01-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I know about resort refillable mugs... I'm assuming you're asking about something different. If that's the case, could someone fill me in? Is this a mug you can buy and use all around the Disney property?

No, just wondering about the new resort mugs since this is year 3.

Since a lot of the 2013 merchandise online seems to be sorcerer Mickey, I'm wondering if the mugs are headed in that direction.

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2013, 10:46 PM
The past three designs have each been used for 2 years. The current mug was introduced in late January/early February of 2011. So hopefully that means a new design shows up in the next few weeks. We will be there in 4 weeks and I am hoping for a new one. I don't even know how many we have of the current one.

Crow
01-12-2013, 10:55 AM
3 wks from today for me..i have a few of this last design so they better have new ones shortly

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
01-12-2013, 01:22 PM
We have 6 of the current one. I hope they get a new one out before we get there in September!

Crow
01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
this should be a stickie..a few more wks so they better get the mugs out

Crow
01-19-2013, 02:33 PM
any word yet...

Crow
01-24-2013, 01:26 AM
i guess not..w only a little over a wk to go

like2workout
01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
as of last thurs, 1/17, the mug was the same one they've been using.

Crow
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
well thats :down:

Tinksalot
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
So, if they aren't changing the mugs, whats from keeping people from bringing last year's mugs and using them at the resorts this year??

TinkerbellT421
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Every time they have released a new mug it's always been within a few weeks after we leave (in January), so if memory serves a new design is usually released at the latest by the end of February.

So, if they aren't changing the mugs, whats from keeping people from bringing last year's mugs and using them at the resorts this year??

That was why they started the RFID chip in the mugs, which eventually they stopped because it just wasn't working as well as they hoped. Nothing except morals really stops people from doing it.

Tinksalot
01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
With some of the things I've witnessed at Disney, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't reused their mugs from last year already. :shake:

Crow
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
would you be willing to pay more for a mug that was resort specific or that you could use for say 2 yrs...
i used to like the resort specifics.

DizNut42
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
I would. I seem to recall that they used to have mugs sold with "Lifetime" refills.

It is such a waste to throw the mugs away after a visit as they last for years. But I have enough glasses/cups/mugs, I don't have room to keep saving them from each visit as "Souvenirs".

VWL Mom
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
would you be willing to pay more for a mug that was resort specific or that you could use for say 2 yrs...
i used to like the resort specifics.

I'm not sure if I'd pay more but I do like the resort specific mugs. I'd also like it if they'd be a little more green. Pay for the cup and pay a little less to reuse it on return trips. Especially useful for DVC & AP holders that make 2 or 3 trips each year.

I would. I seem to recall that they used to have mugs sold with "Lifetime" refills.

I have my WL lifetime mugs from the year they opened. IMO they were much better quality, the fact that I'm still using them 8 years later attests to that. Unfortunately, I never remember to pack them. :(

eeyoremom
01-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Same mug right now. We're here for a week, was hoping for a new one. Oh well.
I too, really liked the resort specific, but I'm sure they're not coming back.

CzepielCrew
01-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Going to Port Orleans Riverside in November. Would love a resort specific mug

Patricia
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
My favorite resort specific mug is my Dixie Landings mug! I've had it for a very, very long time and it's good as new.

Donalds Duckie
01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
We're doing AoA Cars Suite Feb. 3-5 and The Poly Feb 5-9 for our anniversary and we're r-e-a-l-l-y hoping for new mugs. We have at least 2 of every color of the old/current mugs.

hauntedmansiongirl
01-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Has anybody heard anything yet? :mickey:

Crow
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
doesnt sound good..guess no luck when i arrive saturday

waymickey
01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
If they are not going to change the mug design or make it resort specific, they should allow you to bring back your mug and pay a slightly lower price to use it again. Maybe put something on the handle to show you paid to reuse your mug. Like a plastic year marker? This is a greener approach and would hopefully nudge people into doing the right thing. I don't mind buying a new mug but if it is the same thing over and over it kind of loses its souvenir quality.

Tinksalot
01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I think that's a great idea waymickey! I would be willing to pay to reuse my mug for the sake of a greener approach. :thumbsup:

Madame Leona
01-31-2013, 02:15 PM
If they are not going to change the mug design or make it resort specific, they should allow you to bring back your mug and pay a slightly lower price to use it again. Maybe put something on the handle to show you paid to reuse your mug. Like a plastic year marker? This is a greener approach and would hopefully nudge people into doing the right thing. I don't mind buying a new mug but if it is the same thing over and over it kind of loses its souvenir quality.

Awesome idea. We didn't even buy mugs on our Aug 2012 trip since we had the same ones at home from Aug 2011. We have mugs from Jan 2013 only because they were included in the dining plan. Out of 4 we only used 1 since drinks came with the dining plan meals. Pretty wasteful if you ask me.

Crow
01-31-2013, 06:53 PM
good idea.
well ill be there saturday and guess ill have to get another of the same design...too bad:beer:doesnt count

lovin'fl
02-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Was at BCV 1/25-1/30 and they had the same old mugs (which we already have). Does anyone know the cost...I asked the CM and can't remember but think he said about $17. Also, do you get TIW discount on them? We'll be going back again this year and will get the mugs (kind of wished we did last week as we spent a ton on individual sodas and water and tried to limit to 1-2pp/day).

I like the resort specific ones...we have HH mugs and I like them. I also would pay more for unlimited use for 2 years or pay to re-use old mugs...would love to not have to get new mugs each time.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Has anybody heard anything yet?

:cheers:

Crow
02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
i was at CSR last wk..same mug. i did buy another though so have like 3 of the same design..

JoDisney
02-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I know when we were at Disney in Dec., the mugs were the same. However, there were only 2 colors left. So, they are getting limited. Maybe new mugs are not far off.

buzznwoodysmom
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I know when we were at Disney in Dec., the mugs were the same. However, there were only 2 colors left. So, they are getting limited. Maybe new mugs are not far off.

We were just there from Feb. 8-16 and the three colors were still offered at our resort, WL. I also know POR had three colors, and we ate at the CS places at AOA and the poly and they too had all three colors. Maybe your resorts was just out of one of the colors at the time.

That said, if disney is going to do new mugs this year then I do think they will probably show up soon. I remember the new design coming out at the end of Feb. in 2011, first reports on another board were around Feb. 26th.

Patricia
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I picked up the current mug at Icot15.. I left it at work a couple of weeks ago and it must have been taken home by someone else. I sure hope they are enjoying it. :rolleyes:

Harriet
02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
My favorite resort specific mug is my Dixie Landings mug! I've had it for a very, very long time and it's good as new.

I have mine too since the beginning of time and it is still good as new. I have a WL mug as well and it is good as new. I love the Resort Mugs wish they bring them back. :thumbsup::)

tomatoe pie
02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
we were at akl in december and they had black, red, hot pink, aqua blue and i don't remember any other colors. i do enjoy having mine at home.

my friend who was with me loved the many fill-ups she could get from the the cs restaurant. ps she drinks coffee all day. and she could fill-up and go sit by the pool.

Bethis26fan
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Well it's Feb 26th maybe this week we will know if we get a new mug.

lovin'fl
03-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Any word? I heard somewhere that they were putting chips in the mugs so that folks couldn't reuse them and that should be happening soon. I suppose that is when the new mugs will come out...with this new system.

JoDisney
03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I know they did a test at the All Stars resort about a year or year and a half ago with scanning chips in the mugs. I do not know what the results were of their testing. Some say the scanning did not workout. Others say they may be working on inserting a scanning chip on the new mugs, which is why there is a delay on a new refillable mug. I only know the current mugs are limited in color choices.

JoDisney
03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
My son said POR food court has the black, blue, and pink refillable mugs choices. I remember they did have yellow. So, the colors they are offering are definitely limited. I go in May, so I am hoping they will have new mugs.

buzznwoodysmom
03-05-2013, 11:06 AM
My son said POR food court has the black, blue, and pink refillable mugs choices. I remember they did have yellow. So, the colors they are offering are definitely limited. I go in May, so I am hoping they will have new mugs.

They only had yellow at the very beginning of this mug design, back in 2011 I think. The last few times we've been during this current design the only color options were pink, blue, and black.

By this time in 2011 (the last time we got a new mug design) the new design was already out. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps they aren't changing the design this year. I sure hope they would. We have a ton of the current one!

k10
03-05-2013, 11:20 AM
as of January 2013 (CSR), no new mugs for us. we still got the mugs (even though we already had 2 of the similar design at home) and gave them as souvenirs to some kids we know. hoping for new ones, too!

Crow
03-09-2013, 10:02 PM
no new mugs at CSR in FEB

hauntedmansiongirl
03-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Any updates on the mugs? We leave in 17 days and my Godson is asking if his will look the same or different from last year. :mickey:

JoDisney
03-19-2013, 05:55 AM
No news. Looks like you will have to tell him he will be getting the same design.

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Usually the new mugs are out by now. I have a feeling they might not be changing this year....:(

VWL Mom
03-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Still the beach scene. :( Was only there Sunday night so I bought a coffee in a paper cup. She told me I was allowed one free refill, never knew that.

buzznwoodysmom
03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Usually the new mugs are out by now. I have a feeling they might not be changing this year....:(

It definitely seems that way.

On another site several members have reported that their resorts (2 or 3 different resorts were reported on) had large inventory of the current mug. Another member of that site said she asked a CM about the mugs. The CM's reply is that they have boxes and boxes of the current mug. Looks like it'll be a while before any new design comes out. Maybe next year??????

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Maybe next year??????

We can hope at least! :mickey:

waymickey
03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
It definitely seems that way.

On another site several members have reported that their resorts (2 or 3 different resorts were reported on) had large inventory of the current mug. Another member of that site said she asked a CM about the mugs. The CM's reply is that they have boxes and boxes of the current mug. Looks like it'll be a while before any new design comes out. Maybe next year??????

Does this mean that people are not buying the new mug and that they will be around forever??? I have two sets of that mug and probably will not buy it again on this trip. I think Disney would make more money (and cut down on the cheaters out there), by offering a clip to put on your Mug that would allow you to resue your old mug at a discounted price. I don't know instead of 15+ dollars to buy yet another beach scene not a souviener any more mug, Maybe 10$ to reuse my mug and go green?

Just a thought.

Patricia
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I always need a new mug when I go, because (now that they are not resort specific) I use them till they are trashed. For those of you who go more often, I can see wanting to go green. The only problem with a clip is it would have to be permanent or people will "share" it. I'm sure there must be a way to reuse, although it's probably as simple as paying for your own mug again upon first use.. with no discount.

Ha. I'd love to see the :confused: look on that cashier's face. :D