PDA

View Full Version : choosing between waterparks, mini golf.etc

Crow
01-03-2013, 11:32 PM
usually spend all my time in the parks. never done the mini golfs, waterparks...and now splitsville.
how would you choose between them. if out trip works out next month i might choose..but feb is prob too cold for waterpark.

marlyn
01-03-2013, 11:38 PM
I went to Typhoon Lagoon in early March. It was a waste of money as it was so cool out that I didn't get out of wave pool or lazy river. Walking around doing water slides was out of the question.

Mini golf at Winter/Summerland was fun though.:thumbsup: And of course Splittsville sounds like fun.

AgentC
01-04-2013, 04:51 AM
I am with Lynne on the water parks. February is an iffy month in FL. You may get weather in the 70s but it could be in the 50s.

Mini golf is fun. If you like to play just for fun, I suggest Winter Summerland. If you are more serious about challenging shots I'd do Fantasia.

I have not been to Spiltville yet buy I have heard good things from those who have gone especially about the food.

DisneyGlutton
01-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Mini-golf at WDW is as creative as you'd expect (though each hole is pretty short). Both locations are nice, but I slightly prefer Fantasia since it is Disney themed and not just interesting like Winter Summerland. I can't speak to Splitsville since I've not been yet, but if you go, please post!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
It can be hard to fit it all it, can't it?

For us, mini-golf, and things like Splitsville are great for nights when the parks close early (we did a January trip last year, so parks closed earlier than we were used to), or when you don't want to be in a park at closing, with the crazy crowds.

Those evenings are perfect to try something new. We loved the mini-golf, it was well-themed and just a lot of fun! We also found that doing new things and exploring outside of the parks was a blast!

As for the waterparks, if you're a water person, and the weather is warm enough, go for it! You will have fun, but if you're shivering the whole time, you're right that it won't be worth it. We've only been in May (and during a hot May), but I can't imagine that it would be too much fun in the cold.

TheVBs
01-04-2013, 09:26 AM
In the past when we've done a waterpark (never been there in Feb. though!) we've had something scheduled for the evening, like a dinner show. Then we just don't buy a park ticket for that day.

An alternative to doing mini-golf or Splitsville (which I would love to check out!) on a night a park closes early, would be to do it in the morning on a day you know you'll be in the parks late.

It is hard to try to fit it all in!

Janmac
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Regarding waterparks in winter - we have tried in the past to fit a visit in, sometimes holding off until a warm day of low 70s. This is still chilly to be enjoying a water park. Except for maybe 10 year olds.

We have done 3 of the mini-golf courses - usually on an off day, or as one poster said, when we have something special in the evening, like Hoop De Doo.

We also planned, for arrival day, a visit to the movie theater because that coincided with one of the Harry Potter premieres and we had two major Potter fans along on that trip. While DH and I went out for groceries and other supplies, the rest enjoyed an afternoon at the movies. It wound up being great timing, as there was a severe thunderstorm going through the area that afternoon (difficult driving!). The movie goers raved about the movie and the theater, as none of us have nifty seating like that.

This was before the theater implemented the dining aspect. Very tempting to go to supper and a movie, now.

Jan

Crow
01-04-2013, 06:23 PM
sorta figured it would b too cold in waterparks.
ive always meant to try the minigolf. maybe the one by the Swan as its close to hotels to catch the bus.

DisneyGlutton
01-04-2013, 06:43 PM
sorta figured it would b too cold in waterparks.
ive always meant to try the minigolf. maybe the one by the Swan as its close to hotels to catch the bus.

It's pretty close, but you do have to walk across the street and a bit up it to Fantasia Gardens. It's not a bad walk by any means, but it is a walk. Winter Summerland is right next to Blizzard Beach, so if you take the bus to BB, it is a shorter walk.

Crow
01-04-2013, 10:32 PM
but if its nightime then..idk how late Winter is open

AgentC
01-04-2013, 11:56 PM
but if its nightime then..idk how late Winter is open

They are usually open to 11 pm. However we always have a car. I am not sure if Disney transportation runs there after Blizzard Beach closes.

Crow
01-05-2013, 10:16 PM
They are usually open to 11 pm. However we always have a car. I am not sure if Disney transportation runs there after Blizzard Beach closes.

yea that would b the problem since i use the buses

marlyn
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM

No, I got stuck there one evening as I had no car and Blizzard Beach was closed. I had to call a taxi and waited FOREVER for the taxi to arrive....we even considered walking as we were waiting for so long.

Crow
01-06-2013, 02:12 PM
too bad cant just walk from DD...not that far but..