PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon at Disney

figmentduck
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm planning on going down to the parks for my honeymoon in October. Just had a few questions. We can't afford anything fancy, but are there any special perks for newlyweds? Also, we're staying in the park (probably Pop Century) and won't be renting a car. I know a lot of times they have dining plan specials in the fall. If I book now can I still take advantage of any specials that are announced later on? Any other ideas or suggestions would be great too! Thanks so much!

snowflakegirl
01-03-2013, 06:06 PM
When you make your reservations (for both your hotel and any dining reservations you make), mention that you'll be there celebrating your honeymoon. It doesn't guarentee you any special treatment, but you might get a nice suprise or two (for example, a number of years ago, people I know ended up getting a pair of champagne flutes from Cinderella's Royal Table before it was a character meal, and a special surprise desert at Sci Fi Dine In Theater, along with a little "Just Married" tag stuck to the back of the "car" they were sitting in).

You can also get celebration buttons at guest services in any park that say something like "just married" that you can wear and you may find frequent congratulations from CMs and other guests.

Eric87
01-03-2013, 06:22 PM
My wife and I went down for our honeymoon. We booked through Wendy at Magical Journeys. We stayed half at Poly and half at All Star Sports. I'm not sure what Wendy said when she booked us but we had to receive a free room upgrade, because we were head on with the castle. We also received a signed card and balloons. In the parks we wore just married buttons and received all kinds of attention from cast members and other guests. We also bought the groom and bride ears and as you can imagine that gave us a lot of attention too. Every meal we received a custom complimentary dessert or champagne and in the parks we were given fastpasses multiple times a day. The characters also give you extra attention during the meet and greets as well. We never did or asked for anything extra. As long as you have the pin and tell the CM at the resort when booking, they do the little things.

MargaretMessler
01-03-2013, 07:12 PM
As for the free dining coming up after you book....as long as your booking wasn't under any other promo, you should be able to call after the fact and still take advantage of it, as long as you meet any necessary qualifications. I think you technically cancel your original res and make a new one with the new promo code.

PopPhan
01-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Do yourself a HUGE favor and when you book, book through Magical Journeys (an INTERCOT sponsor).....If there are any deals that come up, they will automagically update your reservation to take the best (or most desired) offer for you.

Make sure that you list your honeymoon on your reservation and get the 'Just Married" buttons upon your arrival and wear them wherever you go. You never know what may happen!!! :D

cajunmickey
01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I'll second that about Magical Journeys. They will make sure you get the best rate. My son and his wife just went on their honeymoon in Nov. Karen at MJ made sure they had a wonderful time.:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
01-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Do yourself a HUGE favor and when you book, book through Magical Journeys (an INTERCOT sponsor).....If there are any deals that come up, they will automagically update your reservation to take the best (or most desired) offer for you.

Make sure that you list your honeymoon on your reservation and get the 'Just Married" buttons upon your arrival and wear them wherever you go. You never know what may happen!!! :D

This! You book now with Magical Journeys and if there are any discounts to be found, they take care of it for you. No waiting on the phone for Disney, no stalking every Internet site for deals. Best of all, you pay nothing. Wendy is my agent and I wouldn't even consider booking any other way!

figmentduck
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Thank you so much for all of your extremely helpful suggestions!

Tina3176
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
We went for our honeymoon 3 years ago. One major thing we got that we did not ask for, and I assume it was because I mentioned it was our honeymoon, was a king bed room at Pop. That was GREAT. Request a king bed room when you do your ressies, tell them it is your honeymoon. We had the buttons that said we were newleyweds, and we got special treatment almost everywhere we went. The bartender at the piano bar at Boardwalk gave us two free drinks when he saw my husband's button. Little things like glitter on our tablecloth at Contemporary Grille. It is the best place on earth all the time, but especially on your honeymoon! Have fun!

BigRedDad
01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
My recommendation is to be sure to wear the Bride and Groom pins in a very visible place. CMs. especially when they are not overly busy, go out of their way to offer perks. It can be anything from a free dessert to free meals. Some people where the B&G hats. I could not do it but the pins made all the difference.