PDA

View Full Version : rehab at WL done

Crow
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I ws on club level earlier in May and got a new room. from what i heard the rehabs were to be done by fall or so. are all the rooms done now.

BrerGnat
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Supposedly. Although, I was put on a 1st floor room at WL for ICOT15. It was a handicap room. It seemed like it was half refurbished. It was very odd. It had the new floor in the entry way, but the bathroom was still the old style (they hadn't updated the tiles in the tub/shower). It had the new drapes and bedding (minus the bambi throw pillows), but not the new curtains. It had a super old, tiny, noisy ceiling fan. Not sure what the deal was with that.

I ended up switching rooms because that room just felt so disjointed and dark/dank, plus the A/C unit was rattling rather loudly. I ended up on the 5th floor in a courtyard view room that looked so much different from the first room I was given, it was unreal.

I'm not really sure what the deal is, because according to the resort manager, "all the rooms have been completed." NOT that one I was in, I'll tell you. It was so weird.

Crow
01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
when i stayed i was told they were still going back and forth on some of the final touches, which i thought was a little strange not having it planned out before they started.
and i noticed the hallway rugs didnt have hidden mickeys.
im not a fan of the fans in the bathrooms at disney much

buzznwoodysmom
01-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Oh wow, I hope we get a "new" room, that actually feels new next month. We switched from POR to WL because we just miss it so much. We'll be there for DS's birthday (turning 13!!!!) and we've always stayed at WL for birthdays. I'm excited to see the new rooms. I'll be very disappointed if we get a room such as Natalie just described!

Crow
01-03-2013, 11:38 PM
while the rooms might not b as good in some ways..its just a great atmosphere in the lodge

BrerGnat
01-04-2013, 08:27 AM
I'll be very disappointed if we get a room such as Natalie just described!

If you do, go back to the front desk and talk to the manager. The guy I dealt with, Jason, was phenomenal. He didn't bat an eyelash when I told him I was not happy with my room. Honestly. He found me a new room in an instant, and upgraded the view to boot.

Crow
01-04-2013, 06:24 PM
i booked courtyard since i didnt want to chance a smokehouse view again. we will see how it turns out. i did like the tile in shower, hidden mickey and all

buzznwoodysmom
01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
If you do, go back to the front desk and talk to the manager. The guy I dealt with, Jason, was phenomenal. He didn't bat an eyelash when I told him I was not happy with my room. Honestly. He found me a new room in an instant, and upgraded the view to boot.

That's what we''ll do, Natalie. A few years ago we ended up in a room at WL that had wet carpet and we were quickly moved, even with an upgrade, without any issues. Hopefully if there are issues with the room we will have good luck getting a better room.